Overwhelmed by response! Advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locks&lashes

Reaction score
Hello geeklings!

I'm doing my extension training with Oakley on 19th Jan. I am very very eager to get practising right away. So I have been sourcing samples and prices etc and have made a short list of 3 suppliers who I would like to use and am about to order the colour rings. Anyway....

I posted an ad on my local town facebook page for models. Advertised it as free fitting and that they just need to pay for hair. Well I wasn't expecting that type of response! I've got over 30 private messages!

I have responded to them all with a generic message advising the price range for the cost of hair and that there will be a consultation first then fitting etc.

I know obviously there will be clients that will drop out etc and I may only be left with 3 or 4 models. But how would you recommend going about doing this with such a large response? I can't do everyone for free! I have to stop somewhere! I guess this is a good thing because it shows demand in my area (either that or just because everyone loves a freebie!)

Would love to hear your thoughts and advice please!

Rachel x

Wow Rachel that sounds promising,offering free fitting is a great way to build your portfolio have you thought about maybe offering the deal to the first 5 people to pay a deposit, that will tell everyone where they stand. If they want it they will pay then?

Can you not just take money upfront for the hair? Then they cant drop out? Pick the first 5 people (or however many)and tell the others they'll be on a shortlist of you need anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going to take a deposit to secure the appointment. That way I can sift all the let downs from the people that really are interested!

Thanks girls xx

Latest posts

Back