Own branding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxxydb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking at importing and having some products branded to retail to other technicians as well as clients.

I've tried looking for information regarding insurance and what I need to do legally but cannot find anything.

Can anyone offer any advice please of where I can find this information or where to start.

The product finding I'm fine with it's just the legal side and insurance side of things!

Thank you in advance

Rox

If you are looking to brand products in your own name it is best to buy in the UK to ensure that you comply with legislation but you would still need to register with the CPNP (Cosmetic products notification panel) and provide all the MSDS, SGS and also cosmetic safety assessments which is costly and time consuming. If you are sourcing the products from other countries you also have to consider the freight, import charges and taxes etc so you need to calculate carefully to ensure that it is really worth it as you become the responsible person

Thank you, I have contacted them for some further information, as I read somewhere on that website before that eyelash extensions products don't come under cosmetic products for some reason. A company I have found is SGS registered. So I will look into this more than you.

It will be a small amount of products so not a whole range, have looked into all the extra charges and can still make it profitable, what I'm after isn't really manufactured in the UK which is a shame.

Many thanks

If it isnt available in the UK there might be a reason so just check carefully if it is legal and you still need the MSDS and also cosmetic assessments for each product to ensure you can use and sell it (also check the labels comply)

Latest posts

Back