P01 uneven color on short hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winstonator

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a problem that only started happening since my hair got shorter. I use to have an almost even length all round pixie cut and have been using PO1 (with Luo Color Releaser) after a blue bleech and L'oreal Professional Developer 1%. For about 3 years its been working well. I get a very white even color and never leave the color on for more than about 25 seconds to a minute,. I only use a 1/4 of the tube of P01. If i leave it longer that about 45 seconds, it turns grey.

For the last 4-5 colors I have had shorter hair - no'2 on the sides and about an inch and a half on the top, graded in - very similar to Pink's hair cut.

Maybe coincidence, but since going shorter i notice my color is very uneven. Its always noticeable on the sides and back (the shorter part). It started with the shorter parts keeping a bleech yellow look and the top a normal P01 white (note here i have never before had an uneven color result in the 3 years ive been coloring, so i doubt its my application that is an issue - but im open to criticism) .

So i started to leave the color in for slightly longer (more hitting the minute mark), Then i started doubling the mixture to get more coverage so use 1/2 the tube (and adjusting the releaser volume) to be sure it wasnt my application that was an issue.

Ive now noticed that by the time the sides get a lovely white, the top had turned grey. So the color of the short hair is different from that of the longer hair, regardless of whether i apply it to the top first or the sides first.

Surely this cannot be due to the length of the hair????

Any suggestions and comments appreciated.

Porosity equaliser spray

You only notice it now because it's shorter, as said above use a porosity equaliser but don't put the toner through then ends unless absolutely nessecary, it's tricky with short hair but can be done

Goldwell do one, which I love. Smells lush too

Latest posts

Back