Paid a month in arrears??!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrymarie

Reaction score
Ok so im having some issues atm with my previous employers.

On my contract it states we get paid a month in arrears.
I started on the 31st august.

Does this mean i got paid 25th sep for 31st august-25th sep?
or would there have been cut of point so say 31st august-15th sep?
or would i have had to wait until i got paid on 25th oct?

basically, i left work on 30th april and think i am owed
some money either for aprils salary or from the cut off period until i left.

I'm being told i got april's salary on 25th april, but then thats not a month in arrears is it?

someone help me!! :(:(:(

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes, it's a month in arrears because you had to work the month of April before they paid you April's salary, i.e. in arrears.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm only guessing here because obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your employers payroll but, I imagine that you are paid up to date.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You only worked one day in August (the 31st) so I guess that day was paid to you with your September salary. You worked all (or at least most) of September before you were paid, i.e. a month in arrears.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The pay you received on 25 September will have been probably from 31 August to a date close to or on payday in September.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My guess is that the pay you received on 25 April will be from 26 March to 25 April. They may even have paid you for the last few days in April (after the 25th) or you may have to wait until the end of may for that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]To be honest though, you should contact you employer and ask them what dates your last pay covered.... only they will know.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope that made sense and was of some help.[/FONT]

thankyou! i see what you mean, i have tried talking to them and they're not being very co-operative.

If my salary in April was for 26th march-25th April, i am still owed from 25th April to 30th April because i did not have any extra money in my pay packet, in which i should receive tomorrow, however, it's not pending to go into my account.

If you are paid on the 25th or 26th of every month, my guess would be that you are paid for that month. For instance, if you were paid on 26th March, it would be paid for 1-31 of March.

Latest posts

Back