Pamper Party, do you think this is reasonable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Hi

I got a phone call today, a lady wants me to do a pamper party, it's a hen weekend, with 20 people:eek:. She wants it on one night, so I've come up with the following as a plan, please let me know if you think I'm talking out of my bottom, and if you have any better ideas, I'd be glad to hear them!

~I'd like to involve another 2 therapists, we all split the money equally between us, and provide our own equipment/products.

~treatments to last 15 minutes, with each guest choosing 2 treatments

~the treatments on offer will be:
mini manicure (shape and paint)
mini pedicure (shape and paint)
spray tan
eyebrow shape

~the cost to be £20 per guest, with the hostess (bride) free and a bottle of bubbly included (I'll provide that)

I worked out we'd be there around 4 hours, and getting £126 each. Obviously the mileage and product cost comes out of this, but do you think the pricing is fair, too much, or not enough? Also do you think the treatments on offer are ok? I was thinking if they have the eyebrow shape then they would be best not to have the tan due to the tan lotion sitting in the follicle and causing black spots, or am I being overcautious?

Any advice you can offer I'd be very grateful for. I've never done something this big and it's scary but also exciting! :hug:

Hi,

A problem I can see is your plan to divide up the takings equally between the three of you. At, effectively, £10 for spray tanning the person in charge of this is going to be really busy but the one responsible for, let's say, eyebrow reshaping won't be doing as much.

hi there i done a pamper party with 13 people one night on my own i dont know how i done it lol but was waxing they had which i am quick at anyway and tinting eyelashes andd brows and 4 spray tans which are so quick as well. a party before there were 9 people and was all tinting and a bit of waxing and a facial massage.

are they only wanting nails and tan. sometimes they just like getting together and getting there waxing done i find i have made more money with the waxing side of things but they cant get a tan then as they would have big white bits as well where the wax has been taken off and can cause irritation.

you could include facial massage a 15 min one
hand arm massage
foot massage

but what you suggested sounds lovely i usually just give my price lists and ask host to give me an idea of what people are really wanting and i can usually work out if i can fit it all in lol before hand bit mad i know i aim to please toomuch i think that my problem. xx

I totally see what you're saying about the spray tan and eyebrow thing. Maybe it's better if I provide all the equipment & products and pay an hourly rate to the other two people? Any thoughts on that?

Also, the client said she didn't think waxing would be appropriate, she seemed well up for the tan and mani/pedi idea, more than anything, but it's difficult coming up with things that will go with the tan, ie not over moisturising an area, or leaving follicles open, etc.

HMMMM! More thinking needed I believe!

Hi!
Whatever you decide to offer on the evening, don't overlook opportunity to sell on from the party, perhaps with a voucher to redeem in your salon against treatments but put an expiry date on of say 4 weeks after the Pamper Evening. This should then get you new clients/more ongoing business from the night and makes everyone feel they are getting exceptional value for money as well as going home feeling truly pampered! (Also anyone who doesn't have all the treatments offered on the night for whatever reason - will feel more positive about their experience too!)
I'm sure you'd already thought about this anyway!
Hope it goes well!
GillyP:)

I totally see what you're saying about the spray tan and eyebrow thing. Maybe it's better if I provide all the equipment & products and pay an hourly rate to the other two people? Any thoughts on that?

Also, the client said she didn't think waxing would be appropriate, she seemed well up for the tan and mani/pedi idea, more than anything, but it's difficult coming up with things that will go with the tan, ie not over moisturising an area, or leaving follicles open, etc.

HMMMM! More thinking needed I believe!

Me being me, would go for the option of providing all products etc and paying an hourly rate. You're the one who has got the booking, it's your business name being used & you're the one I presume who will be organising it all & synchronizing the evening so that all goes to plan. (not always easy!)

You deserve to be fully recompensed for that :)

What other treatments do you offer? Do you do massage; facials; or have paraffin wax?

Chances are not everyone will go for the tanning & mini mans/peds go well with the paraffin wax. If you're trained in massage you could do part body massage. Or if trained in mans & peds you should have a massage routine so you could offer hand & arm massage or foot & leg massage.

The only other thing I would add to this is: do get a list of the treatments from the girls - rather than turn up and ask who wants what. It shows you have put thought into the evening and it also allows you to delegate the treatments to yourself and your other therapists. Then give each therapist a list and timings.

Also, if you can add mini-facial, hand/foot massage (as suggested above) and Indian Head Massage, this gives the evening more variety.

Hope it goes well.

Latest posts

Back