Pamper princess party for 8 13 year olds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a pamper party booked in in the next few weeks for 8 13 year olds! The lady has said each girl would like a little polish on the nails & make up! Now I'm not a pro at make up but I've agreed and I only have 5pm till 7pm!!! 2 hours, which will be 15 mins with each girl & that doesn't include packing up & setting up... Ee I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do it? What does everyone think?

I need a few pointers as I've never done it before, so what make up could I offer?? What do you guys offer at princess pamper parties? They can't have nail art because it's school term.
Also I want to put a little bag together for each girl but I'm out of touch completely with 13 year old girls! What do they like? Aaah I'm so scared! Hellllp :eek: lol

X

Hi

If they are anything like my daughter, they will be better at putting make up on than you are! lol

You would get a quick file and polish done on each girl but wouldn't have time for make up as well. If you know another beautician in your area, get her to go with you and do half each. That way you will get them done and won't feel so rushed.

I usually rope in therapists to help me with mine and let them use their own products and split the party with them.

You will find yourself in a better posiition then to offer adult pamper parties.:hug:

Meant to say for the party bags, I usually put in cuticle oil, file, mini polish, hand cream and sometimes mini bath bombs or lip gloss.:hug:

1. Check to see if the local nail school has a student who'd like to "intern" with you for this event...get a little experience under her belt.
2. Prepare some finger pops with easy nail art that can be done quickly from which the girls may choose while waiting their turn...(make sure it's nail art the intern can do as well.)
3. Let the intern do the nails while you do the makeup.

I'm sure you'll finish the makeup before the intern finishes the nails then you can help her finish the nails.

I may have to get someone to come with me then. Thank you. Do you not think if I didn't do cuticle removal just a quokka file & polish with a bit of make up I'd have time? I'm worrying now eek :0(

X

I'm only a nail professional and cannot speak to the makeup side of things so I'm just asking as far as timing, what are you doing for makeup? Just a little shadow, mascara, blush and lip gloss or are you going all out?

As far as nails on young girls, it's been my experience that their nails are a tragedy. Cuticles overgrown, nails jagged...I think you'll need help to get 8 girls done, makeup and nails in 2 hours by yourself, my love.

I still think you're going to be pressed for time. Do you think the intern idea is a feasable option for you? We've used them before at the Salon because their instructor gave them service credit.

I'm thinking just a little eye shadow, blush, lipgloss.. I don't think I'm going to do cuticles. I think it's just for the weekend and the polish will be off, what do you reckon?
Yeah I think the intern could be something I could look at, thank you for that. Unless I just ring back and very politely say... I really don't think it's going to be enough time to be doing all 8 girls posh and make up. How could I make it sound professional? What could I say, it'll look bad back tracking now won't it? X

if your just dong fingers you will have enough time but to do fingers, toes and make-up I would look to see if there is anyone who could help you.

The key here is whether the parent is expecting your setup and teardown as part of your 2 hour time allotment. If the parent can't allow you to set up early and tear down later in order to ensure a full 2 hour service, I feel you'll be too pressed for time. You figure 7 minutes on either end to set up and tear down....you've knocked one of the girls out of the mix.....I'd ask for an additional 15 minutes of setup/teardown time. I think you'd be safe on your own...depending on how fast a filer and polisher you are and how quickly you apply makeup.

I agree, it sounds like you might be pressed for time. A helper might be a good idea... Let us know how it goes :)

I have just recently done my own daughters pamper party, l was lucky I got my niece to do their hair (she is a hairdresser), a quick curl with tongs or their hair up, this allowed me to do their nails it was just a very quick shape with a file, polish and then a little gem or stripe and a clear topcoat.Usually you will find they all have small bitten nails. We gave each girl 20 minutes to be pampered. They all did their own makeup when the girls where getting pampered, and after photo's ( remember take photos of your work )I provided a cheap paper face mask and cucumber and this went down really well. As a leaving gift the next day they left with a wee box of bath flakes/petals. It will be difficult for you alone so as previously suggested get some help even if that person just sorts out what the next girl wants they can have the products ready. The best advise I can give is to limit their choice of products to around 6 colors of nail polish otherwise it will take them 5 min to decide. Good luck and let us all know how it goes.

I wou
D definitely get a helper in..have fun..

Hi tiffany I've done 7 in 2 hours not including setting and clearing up my friend asked me as her daughter wanted a pamper party , all the girls were 15 and so I was able to give them each a eyebrow wax with permission which was fab as its so quick, I then supplied a bowl between two put some nice product in the water and also showed them how to do hand am arm massage which they did on each other again saving time ! Then I gave them each a file and polish using some funky colours - time wise this was great I supplied party bags including a solar oil pinkie and a 3 way buffer file - they were chuffed , think of small quick treatments - the last thing you want is them all sitting around bored , they loved the participation bit x

Do you think it'd be unprofessional of me to ring back and say I need more time!??
Also what make up do you guys use for princess parties? X

Do you think it'd be unprofessional of me to ring back and say I need more time!??

I think it's completely professional. It's all in your approach.

By stating that you want to give the girls your best, after further consideration you will need additional time and the amount of time you will need per girl is XXX in order to make their day everything they expected! Make sure to include the set up and tear down times into your calculations.

There's nothing worse than going in already feeling rushed before you even begin.

Hiya
My cousin is 9 and had a pamper party 5-7 with 15 kids I did nails my sister did hair and someone else did make up. All I did was a polish and a little filing! It took me the longest to complete as not all kids wanted make up and hair! Depening on age but they loved tattoo transfers flowers and hearts! I think you should get some help cos the kids will get board! Also is there food do they have to eat in same time? I also found that they would go and come back smudging there nails and having to fix it( more time). Could u get a friend who could put a little glitter on eyes?

Hth
Sam x

Latest posts

Back