Panic - Job Interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
To all you geeks out there. I have a question. I have a job interview tomorrow :Scared: and just want to make sure that I don't look like a complete fool. I am so nervous I am second guessing everything right now. I will have to do a polish change. Now here comes my question. Do you do a mini mani or just literally remove old polish and apply new polish? I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks for your help.

To all you geeks out there. I have a question. I have a job interview tomorrow :Scared: and just want to make sure that I don't look like a complete fool. I am so nervous I am second guessing everything right now. I will have to do a polish change. Now here comes my question. Do you do a mini mani or just literally remove old polish and apply new polish? I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks for your help.
if it was me hunni i would do a mini mani as well it looks more pro as well and your paint will go on so much better xxx

Wow, all the time they can give you to assess your skills is a 15 min polish change? Well, I would definately shape the nails and try to squeeze in a buffing of the surface (if natural nails).

Ask the interviewer if they've had a manicure. If not, recommend one. Owners want someone who will upgrade the service.

The interviewer may not expect you to do this, but I think it will stand out.

On the other hand, if she is really busy and can only see you for a few minutes, just put your head down and do your best. You have to respect her time. But at least straighten out the shape!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your answers. :hug:It's my first interview but your tips are calming my nerves a little. Hopefully I won't mess up too badly.

Good luck for today, let us know how you get on xox

Just a quick update. Just before I went for my interview I had a call from another salon. Originally thought if I plan for an hour for each I'll be fine. My original interview lasted the whole two hours. Ended up doing a manicure on a client as they were rushed for time. Had to run to my car in the end to get my daughter from school. Have to do another manicure and a pedicure and then will know for sure. But all in all have a good feeling. The second job is mine if I want it. Now isn't that just typical? :D First nothing for ages then you are spoiled for choice. Both lovely places. So have to do some serious thinking.

Just a quick update. Just before I went for my interview I had a call from another salon. Originally thought if I plan for an hour for each I'll be fine. My original interview lasted the whole two hours. Ended up doing a manicure on a client as they were rushed for time. Had to run to my car in the end to get my daughter from school. Have to do another manicure and a pedicure and then will know for sure. But all in all have a good feeling. The second job is mine if I want it. Now isn't that just typical? :D First nothing for ages then you are spoiled for choice. Both lovely places. So have to do some serious thinking.

When it rains, it pours. Best of luck. :)

Latest posts

Back