Paraffin application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've given up on the paraffin treatments for a while as I found the bag method to hard as I'm wanting to offer the treatment when my clients are lying down etc I found the wax to leak out.

I also gave up on the brush method being to messy and time consuming but I've heard a bit about dipping strips into the paraffin and then wrapping the specific area. Can anyone tell me if they use this method and how they find it? Also do you buy specific strips for this purpose or do you use something else?

My clients love the paraffin treatments so if i can find a better way id be grateful! Any advice/tips welcomed!

Thanks in advance :)

Can anyone help? :)

I did try the strips but I found them even messier than brushing on (imagine it dripping everywhere!). I got them from beauty express. I don't know if I was doing it right, but I gave up on the Paraffin wax as being too messy as I'm mobile.

Hi, when I worked at a salon we used to get the client to test the paraffin wax on their hand and if it was fine we got them to dip their hand in one at a time, if there wasnt much wax left we'd get them to put the underside of their hand in then we'd use the brush to splash it and coat it over the top of the hand.

I didnt always feel comfortable doing this incase their hand touched the heater at the bottom or they found it too hot or not that professional but we were told it was easier than mucking about with the brush.

We did the same if they got paraffin wax on their feet but to me this isnt hygenic!

We have had a debate as to whether or not this is hygienic. I was taught this at college, and the tutor said that as the foot or hand go in, it is getting a covering of wax, so nothing of the hand or foot is left behind - no dead skin etc. I have used this method and the wax has been as clear as it was new, so I don't know!!! It's pretty hard to prove either way!!!

Thanks for your responses! Yeah the debate on the hygiene is one I would like to avoid so I don't use the dip method for this reason, though it would be much easier!

Re: strips, I'm in Aus so don't have beauty express and due to not being in a large city I have no local salon supplier either. I need to rely on postage etc so if I were to trial the strip method I was thinking I may be able to substitute the strips for a similar material.

Any other ideas for wanting to offer this treatment while client is lying down? Looks like I may have to revert back to the paint on method.

hi all
I have been using the wax in bottles that you can heat up in the wax cartridge heater. this is actually ideal for me as I am mobile and I love love love using wax in my treatments. it is a bit messy but if you put a covering on the floor its fine and it just comes off in the wash.

We have had a debate as to whether or not this is hygienic. I was taught this at college, and the tutor said that as the foot or hand go in, it is getting a covering of wax, so nothing of the hand or foot is left behind - no dead skin etc. I have used this method and the wax has been as clear as it was new, so I don't know!!! It's pretty hard to prove either way!!!

Can I ask which make of wax and heater you use. I love wax treatments but I have now bought three machines and they all seem to make the wax too hot. I've got a digital machine at the moment with hive wax pellets but still not happy. Even at 54 deg if I put my hand in its uncomfortably hot for a minute or more afterwards.

I have actually stopped doing paraffin wax treatments as I had a client who found the wax just seemed to get hotter and hotter. Add the fact that we found it so messy, and we packed it in I'm afraid!

I have been madly promoting my paraffin wax as i love the treatment....a client said she had gone to a spa whereby the wax was a glove and the glove was heated and you just put your hand in, she said it was less messy....has anyone heard of this??

Where does the mess come from? I ladle paraffin wax into a foil lined bowl, brush/pour onto clients hands wrap up in foil. Job done.. At the end all you have to wash is a brush and a ladle!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's taking the stuff of. It just seems to go everywhere, especially after a pedi. I have to get the hoover out. What with that and it overheating I called it a day. Heated mitts from now on! X

I don't seem to have much mess, I have couch roll underneath hands or feet and more or less manage to pull of as whole hand/foot of wax...do you think it makes a difference with brands?

I am doing paraffin wax pedi Tom so will try and take pics as I'm doing xx

I'm the same as Virtues apart from the foil, I use a plastic wrap/bag/liner/thing.
no mess on removing either, I leave the plastic bag on the hand/foot and give it a quick rub massage and hold on to both and pull off, it all just slides off like a glove/sock still inside the bag/liner and then tie the bag liner up and dispose.
Have I explained that well enough? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back