parent of the year award.....(not)....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
:cry:well geeks here it is..my son went over on his ankle at football training on tuesdaynight.hubby & me thought that he had sprained it...ayway let him have wednesday home from school.sent him to school thursday & friday.he was still complaining that it was sore on saturday.so he didnt play football..anyway he woke u today & was really really sore,so hubby took him to the local hopsital for xray.....yep He had broken his ankle...how bad did we feel.we had been sending him to school with a broken ankle..he even said jokingly that we should both get parents of the year awards for excellent parenting skills..he thouht it was hillarious..boy are we not going to live this one down for a while....anyway he has his leg in a cast.and we need to see an orthopedic surgeon this week.he;ll be in plaster for 6-8 weeks .but he,s looking forward to tormenting us aboout it for the next 6-8 weeks....lol....:cry:.

don't worry hun, my sister fell over a fence when she was little and complained for 3 days about her sore fingers. my mum kept telling her not to be such a drama queen. turned out they were broken. happens to a lot of people.

oh don't worry

i wish him a speedy recovery

My niece broke both bones in her fore arm and they didn't realise it was broken till she woke up the next morning with a bent arm(not where it was supposed to bend:eek:)My son had a broken collar bone for a week before we realised and I walked round on a broken foot for two weeks before I realised:rolleyes:.So you are not alone:)

so there are others out there who deserve the parenting award of the year aswell....I thought we where the only ones..It,s good to know where not alone..lol:lol::lol:I think he deserves the day of school tomorow..much to his dismay.he wants to go & shw of his cast....

My eldest fell down the stairs and I laughed, sent her to school, she was complaing for 2 days took her to hospital and she had broken her big toe.

She was in plaster up to her kneecap for about 4 weeks, we felt awful too.

Wishing your son a speedy recover!

Teri x:hug:

Gabe broke badly fractured his right elbow when he was 5 just a few days before he was due to start school in Oslo. We got home to find him howling, the Au Pair didn't think he needed to get us home although he said 'it must be bloody sore as I tried to lift him up and he punched me in the face'. We manouvered his arm around a bit, decided it was maybe stwisted and left him for hours before it suddenly started swelling and became immobile. I dont acutally know who felt worse, us or the AuPair.

Then, Noah was two and half, moving into our new house in Oslo and he sat with his Daddy on the front steps, leant forward to pick something up and tumbled forward. He screamed so much I took his to shirt off to see what he did. The sound he made was so gut wrentching we took him right to the emergency room where it transpired he snapped his collar bone. Never again will I try and take anyones shirt off if they hurt! He spent almost two weeks sitting in his pushchair as it was the only place he could get comfy. Nappy changes for him were hell. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Take heart, many many of us by the sound of it have done similar things :hug:

so there are others out there who deserve the parenting award of the year aswell....I thought we where the only ones..It,s good to know where not alone..lol:lol::lol:I think he deserves the day of school tomorow..much to his dismay.he wants to go & shw of his cast....

lmao aren't kids the greatest. Gabe's first cast wasn't on properly and cut off his blood supply so they had to change it. When we went back a week later to get it checked again he spotted a kid in a really funky lightweight coloured cast so he actually told the doctor he wanted one too, he got a choice of colour and they took the white plaster one off there and then and gave him a blue lightweight one with matching support. He had the right er**es when we didn't let him go back to school later that day so he could flash it off. His arm was killing him as well as they'd taken the oppertunity to xray it and found it was worse than they thought but all he wanted to do was go show off :lol:

My mum did the same to me...sent me to school for 2 weeks after tripping up. Even made me do PE after I'd asked her to write me a note. Eventually sick of me moaning she took me to the doctors??? We sent me straight to casualty where they confirmed my ankle was broke in 2 places!!!

Best thing was because I'd been hobling around on it for 2 weeks it had started to hear in a weird position so I had to have it re-broken!!!

I've forgiven her now!

Mum's eh...can't live without them!!!

when my kerri was about 5 i was calling her in as she was in trouble but she ran across the street, triped over her own feet and went chin down on the pavement, with her face swelling and going black in front of me i thought best to take her to hospital so called a cab, whilst waiting for the cab i gave her wet cotton wool to hold on her chin and sat her on a chair, i turned to do something, turned back and she had fallen of the chair and hit her nose on the floor giveing herself a nose bleed, me being the mean person i am i coudnt help but laugh at her, even the doc laughed when we told him, luckerly there was no broken bones involved but she is still always doing stupidthings now,lol, this is the child who got a pencil stuck up her nose whilst scratching her eye:irked:, she said she forgot she had the pencil in her hand, lol

My mate did a similar thing with her 5 year old son. He had been jumping from half way up the stairs so he could watch himself in the hall way mirror. Landed funny and complained loads about his leg and ankle hurting. He is a drama queen and moans about the slightest thing, so my mate ignore it and made him walk to school and back the following day. It started to swell loads, so they took him to A & E and he had broke the bone above his ankle as well as chipped the ankle bone.

He ended up in plaster for 6 weeks and thought it was excellent, my mate felt so guilty for ignoring him, but then he is such a whinger.

I think we are all guilty of it though.

Im the mother of a 21 year old & an 18 year old. I dont think it matters how good a parent you were, you will never think you were good enough. We're women, we beat ourself's up !!!!!
Its impossible to raise children without making mistakes as none of us are perfect or ever will be.
Possibly the best we can accomplish is to ask ourselves (given the set of circumstances at the time, did i do the best i could at the time? If the answer at the time to this question was - Yes, well what more can you do than the best you could do at that time?'
Am i making sence here?

Pmsl ...... poor kid :D:lol::D x

Pmsl ...... poor kid :D:lol::D x
thanks Becki..I must say after the initial shock both hubby & me couldn,t stop laughing ourselves ,which then got the doctor having a little chuckle aswell. I then asked the doctor "can he go to school tomorrow" which she replied "I don.t see why not .he,s been going to school for three days with a broken ankle"""at least now its in a cast.:irked:......

don't worry hun, my sister fell over a fence when she was little and complained for 3 days about her sore fingers. my mum kept telling her not to be such a drama queen. turned out they were broken. happens to a lot of people.

Certainly does- I'm one of them! I broke my fingers playing football and my Mum strapped them up and told me I'd be fine... until they started turning a weird colour (not regular bruising colour- a weird whitish grey colour). We then went to hospital where they confirmed that the ligament on one of my knuckles had kind of come detached and snapped some bone off with it:eek:. I now have a little lump of bone floating about in one of my left knuckles!

Latest posts

Back