Parrafin Wax Heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi there all,

I'm looking to buy a paraffin wax heater to add to my treatment list.

Can anyone reccommend one to me?

Also is the wax for spa manicures and pedicures different to the wax for hair removal????

I wouldn't want to go getting the wrong stuff and ending up in a nasty mess!!! :eek:

Many thanks,

Karen :D
xxx

I just bought a Wax Master paraffin wax starter kit from Ellisons. It was £65 before VAT, although they're on offer for £50 pre VAT until the end of September, which is the price of the heater on its own. The kit came with 1kg of paraffin wax, a brush, 100 liner bags plus a pair of towelling mitts and a pair of booties, plus heater obviously.
It's bigger than I thought it would be, though not big enough to actually put a hand in, hence needing the brush or bandages, and I haven't tried it out yet, but hopefully it'll be OK.
Planning on using it with the Pinnacle wax - presumably waxes don't need to be used with their own brand heater..?
Lol x

hi ya may be try your local wholesaler also have u the ellissons or beauty express catologue they have lots in there i have a normal wax heater and from ellissons u can buy normal size tubs of parraffin wax to heat up great if your mobile also u can buy big parraffin wax baths such as from clean n easy digital one but it looks abit big to lug about xx
by the wax the wax is different from the hair removal wax u dont want to buy warm wax make sure it is parrafin wax hth xx

Thank you Emmalouisa and Bimbogeri,

That's a big help. I've been looking at Ellisons and have seen the starter kit. Can you let me know when you've used it? Let me know how you got on and how long it takes to heat the wax? I was also looking at the Salon Systems heater that looks very similar!

And thank you Emmalouisa - so I should look for 'paraffin wax' and NOT 'warm wax'!!!??? Thank you - glad you pointed out the difference! Can you imagine the mess I could end up in!!!???

Thank you both for your help.

Karen
(with 1 'r')
XXXX

Can you imagine that, wax used for hair removal being slapped onto your hands, face, feet. Ouch, would get rid of those superfluous hairs though, lol.

You will find the difference in the price also, parraffin wax is so much cheaper to buy by the kilo.
I bought a little parraffin wax heater from my local salon services for approx £20.00, it's big enough to do 2 feet but small enough to carry around when mobile.
I buy then normal wax and add a couple of drops of essential oils to it when melted to make it smell nice.
You can buy teatree, peach etc wax but it's obviously more expensive than the plain.

thats ok i find parraffin in the tubs may take a couple of hours to fully melt i have the wax master starter kit from ellissons its about £35 plu vat speak soon emma

I purchased the Homedics Paraffin Wax Spa from Hive of Beauty at Excel. It was £59 and came with 6lbs (approx 3kgs) of wax and 100 liners. It is a really good size and you can easily get a foot into it.

Just make sure that you can fit a foot into it.....one that I looked at from Capital was too small to get a foot bigger than say a size 6 into it.

Also another thing to check is the amount of time that the wax takes to melt...this one that I bought can take 3-4 hours. I didn't realise how long the melting takes although it states in the instructions, once melted. it can be left on all of the time. :eek:

The one I got if you buy the pellets rather than the block will be melted in 30 mins, ideal if you are mobile. By the time you have done manicure/pedicure its melted.

Mine is the Wax Master which I bought from Ellisons. It's fab and only takes about 45 minutes for the wax to melt. Think when I bought it it was in a kit so I got the liners, brush, mittens, booties and 1k of wax.

Latest posts

Back