Parrot beak nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Good afternoon... I had a new customer yesterday & all but one of her nails were a lovely shape... Nice long nail beds etc.
But one nail... on her index finger... I believe is referred to as a Parrots Beak Nail... Id love to know why this happens it seemed so random being just the one nail!

Anyway I gave her a gel polish no problem but what I would like to know is... If anyone has had any experience with these types of nails could they advise as to whether or not this nail is likely to have any problems with a product lasting well on it???

The lady said that the longer the nail grows.. The more it separates away from the nail bed. She hadn't noticed that it changed at all when in the shower etc... But It is my understanding that these types of nails usually straighten up when in warm water... Which is quite an extreme change & I'm expecting that would potentially cause a problem with any product ?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396189815.207673.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396189830.725476.jpg

I have a client with this problem too!
Unfortunately I do find that products don't stay on the particular finger so well.
I haven't found any cure so far! The only thing I so it double prep that nail, so I go through the prep process twice (except etching or buffing if needed, I only do that once) so I double dehydrate, double prime etc!
That helps a little but I've not got much better advice for this!!
Hope this helped a little :p xxxx

I wonder what she does as a job? And if that is her dominant hand? As that would be the main finger do the work if that's her dominant hand, but cant see how that would effect it that badly

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a client I've been looking after for 6 weeks now, all of her nails are like it. She was a nail biter for years so put it down to that! She told me when she's had shellac it's come off in days (nails still pretty short) I put L&P on and after a week she asked me to remove it. Her nails are rather thin and she felt every tap.

I have been using Brisa smoothing gel on her which has only lasted 10/12 days. Which she is dead chuffed with, me on the other hand a little frustrated.

So any advice would be great.

Latest posts

Back