Parrot nails and Shellac or Bio Gel, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozenja

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new client who has parrot nails (sharp downward growth shortly after white) I was thinking of keeping her nails short and doing french as its for her wedding...

Any suggestions or tips? I have done nails with the opposite affliction but that client preferred tips and Bio. This client wants a natural nail look.

Thank you and look forward to a reply!!

Lol @ parrot nails ... Describes them perfectly. In reality they are called filbert nails because they resemble the filbert nut (I think this is the hazelnut) in shape and form.

This is a difficult shape both to work with and to make look pretty.

I think understatement is the key here and your plan of sticking to a short French is perfect not only for the look but for the Wedding too. Classic, understated and perfect with just a tiny white free edge. I would use Shellac as I don't do Bio, but I'm sure either would do the job.

I have a client with "filbert nails" (thanks geeg, I've learnt something new today!) and she loves her shellac - I'm seeing her today actually :D

At every appointment, we cut them right back to the end of the fingertip and in truth they don't look quite as curled.

If I were to do a French, I would just do a nice thin white free edge so to not highlight the problem!

Xx

Thank you!! I got the term "parrot nails" from Doug Schoons book ;) I will stick to the short french and keep the white thin!! :)

Latest posts

Back