Part Time Holiday allowance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch4rli3

Reaction score
I work 19 hours a week and have just received my contract which says I am entitled to 102.7 hours holiday a year.

However, it also says that if the salon chooses to close over christmas, and happens to fall on a day I work, the hours will be taken from my holiday allowance.

Is this correct? I thought this was only allowed on a full time employment, not part time at 19hours a week?

I work 19 hours a week and have just received my contract which says I am entitled to 102.7 hours holiday a year.

However, it also says that if the salon chooses to close over christmas, and happens to fall on a day I work, the hours will be taken from my holiday allowance.

Is this correct? I thought this was only allowed on a full time employment, not part time at 19hours a week?

Hi

Don't know what it's like in salons but I work in an office for a large company. The part time people in my office have to do this too. Their total hours are made up of annual leave + public holidays pro-rata'd to how ever many hour they work.

If Christmas day falls on a day they don't normally work they don't have to use an annual leave day.

HTH
Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

I would imagine its the same for salons and offices.

Thats rubbish isn't it!! I just wanted to check, as my contract has been copied and pasted from someone's contract that doesn't even work for our company!! Talk about professional!!

Thanks for your reply! x

Calculate your employees' holiday entitlement | Business Link

Hi Hope the above works !!! This works out your holiday entitlement for you ! For a full year you are entitled to 5.6 (28 days) x 19hrs = 106.4 hours. This is for a full year and includes the bank holidays. You must have started after the start year of annual leave as your hours work out at 5.4 which is 27 days.

Your work are entitled to ask you to keep a certain number of numbers for such things as christmas shut down.

Latest posts

Back