Particular Shellac client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staystrongsoa

Reaction score
Just had a client in for shellac - she gets it done religiously but this is only her second visit to me. And she pointed out that the tips of her shellac was worn, she said chipped but it was really not that bad. I didn't even notice until she pointed it out and I don't think anyone else would have noticed it but this client is quite particular. Otherwise the nails were perfect to look at.
However, her constant shellac use has left her nails weak and quite dehydrated which I think is partially to blame. She says she uses her cuticle oil and I believe her for once!

So today I made extra sure to cap the free edges and I'm hoping it helps but is there anything else I could try?

CND Shellac itself doesn't leave nails weak but if previous repeated removal was done incorrectly that would damage the nails. Do you use IBX? It sounds as though she would be a perfect candidate for this.

Also if she is complaining at wear at the free edge this is quite normal but can be exacerbated by lifestyle. If she's especially fussy about it you could try double top coat.

I haven't ever tried IBX although I have heard if it. Can you give me some more info on the use of it with Shellac? I had also thought about recommending she try the new Rescue Rxx?

She is definitely fussy and is back in today so fingers crossed my thorough application has helped. If not, I will definitely be trying the double top coat. Is there anything anyone else can think of that will help?

Rescue Rx is only to be used on natural nails, for use with Shellac you want IBX. If you use the search function on here there are many threads about IBX :)

Latest posts

Back