Partnering with a hotel to offer beauty treatments to their guests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybaby

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have been approached by a local hotel to offer beauty treatments to their guests. They don't currently have an onsite treatment avenue and as I'm mobile and can therefore provide my own, well, everything, want to work with me. I'm happy with the whole set up but I'm looking for opinions/advice on a couple of specific items from anyone else that currently does this. While I do offer most treatments mobile, in view of the short notice that I will probably get to go to the hotel, I don't really want to be offering my whole range of treatments and loading the car up with all manner of equipment. What treatments do you think would be highest priority? I offer manicure, pedicure, eyelash extensions, waxing, Shrinking Violet Body Wraps, Shellac, Minx and facials.

I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

We provide beauty to a local hotel and mainly do massage 60 per cent facials 20 percent rest mani pedi and wraps. If you don't do massage you shd think about finding a local person who does as most clients in my experience want massage good luck !

As a business and leisure traveller I have used a LOT of hotels offering these services. As a client, whenever I've enquired, I've never been able to get an appointment. I've always been told that there isn't appts available, or it has been the next day I've been required to book - I'm sure this may be the assumption of many guests.

You don't want to lose business by stipulating a "advance booking required policy" especially if you are happy to drop your life at a moments notice, but maybe you could speak to the reservations team to ask their advice on if they can ask guests when they book if they are looking to book a treatment in, or mention your services on their confirmation email offering a slight discount for advance reservations?

As a business and leisure traveller I have used a LOT of hotels offering these services. As a client, whenever I've enquired, I've never been able to get an appointment. I've always been told that there isn't appts available, or it has been the next day I've been required to book - I'm sure this may be the assumption of many guests.

You don't want to lose business by stipulating a "advance booking required policy" especially if you are happy to drop your life at a moments notice, but maybe you could speak to the reservations team to ask their advice on if they can ask guests when they book if they are looking to book a treatment in, or mention your services on their confirmation email offering a slight discount for advance reservations?

Thanks for that. Yes, I only live 5 minutes away so I have made myself available with an hour's notice, possibly less dependent on treatment. Obviously this is on the assumption that I don't have a client at the time! The check in staff will be mentioning it at check in but yes, I will mention about including it in confirmation emails too, thanks for the input.

What star grade of hotel is it? In my experience, and I've only ever worked in hotels, you'll be asked for massage and then probably facials, then nails of some kind. But by far and away it'll be massage! Good luck! You'll have arms of steel in a year...

Thanks, it's a 4 star boutique hotel. I don't do massage and as treatments would be taking place in guest's rooms it's not something I would personally feel comfortable with anyway. I think it would make business sense for them to have someone separate for massage anyway to reduce the chances of me not being available.

Latest posts

Back