Pastel bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satchel

Reaction score
Can I do a pastel bleach bath to tone a tone? I don't need the toner completely removed, simply less intense. I don't want all of the toner completely gone.

Client wanted more ash toner to frame her face and it went too dark. I have used a clarifying shampoo and it's helped, but I feel it needs something more powerful.

I was going to do 1 scoop to 4 pastel. Should I add shampoo?

Thank you! xx

Cleansing rinse - blondor and warm water 1:2 - 1:3. Use it to remove tone.

Mild lightener - blondor and pastel in a 1:4 ratio. Use it to remove depth and bands.

Can I do a pastel bleach bath to tone a tone? I don't need the toner completely removed, simply less intense. I don't want all of the toner completely gone.

Client wanted more ash toner to frame her face and it went too dark. I have used a clarifying shampoo and it's helped, but I feel it needs something more powerful.

I was going to do 1 scoop to 4 pastel. Should I add shampoo?

Thank you! xx

I had this problem a couple weeks ago. Did you leave the shampoo on? I did it a few times and it really "toned the toner"

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Cleansing rinse - blondor and warm water 1:2 - 1:3. Use it to remove tone.

Mild lightener - blondor and pastel in a 1:4 ratio. Use it to remove depth and bands.

Thank you!!! x I think the cleansing rinse will be perfect.

I had this problem a couple weeks ago. Did you leave the shampoo on? I did it a few times and it really "toned the toner"

No. Maybe I should try it again and leave the shampoo on longer. Because that's exactly what I want to do is tone the toner. I guess once she comes back in and I see her, I'll know what to do. As she's washed it a few times herself. Thanks! x If it's still so intense, I will probably also try the mild cleansing way like Cams posted.

No. Maybe I should try it again and leave the shampoo on longer. Because that's exactly what I want to do is tone the toner. I guess once she comes back in and I see her, I'll know what to do. As she's washed it a few times herself. Thanks! x If it's still so intense, I will probably also try the mild cleansing way like Cams posted.

Yeah i couldnt do that because my toner was on highlighted hair, but i shampooed it left it on a few minutes and repeated, i kept emulsifying it so that it would work into the hair z

Another option is using a clear (alkaline) demi for a few minutes can be enough to lift out some of the ash. Malibu C also takes out toner.

Thank you x. I actually need more stock of diarichesse clear. Amazing client adores 9.01 dialight which I often add just a little bit of 9.11. Never looks too smoky. She wanted more smoky after 6 week global on scalp around front. The 9.11 was not messing around when I added more.

I only use 6 volume with the dialight. Is there ever a reason to use 9? I have it in stock just in case. I feel I always lift enough so 6 is just fine.

Thank you x. I actually need more stock of diarichesse clear. Amazing client adores 9.01 dialight which I often add just a little bit of 9.11. Never looks too smoky. She wanted more smoky after 6 week global on scalp around front. The 9.11 was not messing around when I added more.

I only use 6 volume with the dialight. Is there ever a reason to use 9? I have it in stock just in case. I feel I always lift enough so 6 is just fine.

I guess 9 is best used on an uneven or porous canvas to make sure you have more equalization and more time to apply.

Thank you. That makes sense especially for clients with lots of hair that takes time to apply.

I love clear, it has so many uses! If you use dialight with 9 or 15 vol you get more & faster colour deposit. It is good if you are toning to a vibrant red or copper. But I agree 6 is enough for normal toning. x

Another option is using a clear (alkaline) demi for a few minutes can be enough to lift out some of the ash. Malibu C also takes out toner.

Which Malibu C? Or are they all good?
I know there's a pre colour one or a colour correction?

Latest posts

Back