Pat, pat, pat, acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Did my L & P CND conversion on Monday & Tues and have been practicing like mad since, but I cant get my head round the pat pat pat pat pat...

Ive spent soo long as a Shellac & Brisa Lite tech its taking every fibre of my being not to brush the acrylic on like polish :(

Pat pat pat pat pat!! Its doing my head in hahaha! Please tell me it gets better? Xx

Think of it like icing a cake.

It clicked for me when I pressed the bead on and waited till it changed consistency slightly so that when I was patting it was a thicker consistency and patting feels like the only thing to do..! Hope that makes sense...

@CocoAllure I eat my cakes before I ever get to ice them! Hahaha!! Oinky oinky!!

Ive deffo seen an improvement, been doing about 3 sets a night on Jeff the trainer hand, and have deffo noticed that she shape is much bettter for patting but its just habbit! Its all much smoother too- so my head knows pattings the way to go but its a conscious effort :(

I pop the bead on & move my hand away to let it settle (prob not the right word) but I just want to swoop in and brush it! I long for the day it comes naturally. Ive given up on smile lines for now too- lets get the basics right lol! Xx

We love an oinker [emoji201][emoji201]
I still sometimes paint it on and get it wrong at times! But I've found with liquid and powder is to just practice until it clicks into place it's like driving you will suddenly get it and subconsciously do it. Like with the beads you know what to pick up where and where to place it and mould it to give strength.

They are all different. I love the colour and how easy to blend Acrylink is but I'm struggling as I find it very slow to set. I feel like I'm just waiting...
You'll get used to CND the more you practice. L&P is all about practice and the more you do the easier it will be.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back