Patch test eyelash extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they refuse a patch test don't do the treatment.

Why would anyone refuse? Unless they know they might react...in which case run like the wind!!

I was at the Scottish show and Lash Perfect were doing sets of their express lashes, so I decided to have them done. I have to say I was shocked.....I was asked to fill in a form, given a wipe to clean my mascara off, told to lay down on the bed and she put the lashes on. No consultation, no questions, she didn't look at the form I filled in, I was wearing contacts....and no mention of a patch test. This was on their stand where they were promoting training and their products.

Oh dear.... hope you never had a reaction. do most of you apply glue to behind the ear or add a few lashes to the end? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

? Anyone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I add lashes now, I used to do patch test but its eyes we are dealing with here and not behind the ear or on the wrist so the patch test needs to be in that area IMO. I wouldnt dare do a set without, I've lost clients due to insisting this but then they are clients I dont want! :)

Hi when I was taught I was told no need for patch testing & haven't done but reading too many stories & would like to patch test. When you apply one or two lashes do you leave them until you do the full lashes or wait for a while then remove while you are there x

I was trained with Lash Perfect and Patch testing was encouraged however I believe it is down to the therapist or salon owner to enforce this in their business. I normally patch test like a tint in the crease of the arm or behind the ear.

Latest posts

Back