Paying rent for Good Friday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I rent a nail desk in a salon a couple of days a week and work mobile the rest of the week. I just wanted some advice on paying rent.
If the salon was closed good friday would i still have to pay for that day?

If i am off on holiday i still pay when i am not there but i just thought with it being the owners choice to close for the day would i still be expected to pay?

hope this makes sense
Thankyou
xx

I'm not sure as I don't rent a space out so someone might be along who does actually rent space out & give you there take on it.....

but to be honest I'd be a bit miffed if I was charged when it was the owners decision to close?

I wouldn't say it was very fair to expect you to pay. x

Depends what's written in your contract. What do you do for the other 8 days bank holiday the UK have ?

I'd go with if the salon is not open therefore you can not work, you do not pay rent.
However, if the salon is open & you choose not to work, you still have to pay rent.

Hope this clears it up.

My daughters nursery closes on bank holidays but I still need to pay as it was in the terms I signed

Check your contract

I think it's wrong personally

In my eyes, they r closed so u can't work, therefore u wouldn't pay them. It'd be different if they said u could still go in and open it yourself.....

Hi everyone
I rent a nail desk in a salon a couple of days a week and work mobile the rest of the week. I just wanted some advice on paying rent.
If the salon was closed good friday would i still have to pay for that day?

If i am off on holiday i still pay when i am not there but i just thought with it being the owners choice to close for the day would i still be expected to pay?

hope this makes sense
Thankyou
xx

Do you pay for Christmas Day?

Erm... You rent, so if you wanted to open then you could have, its not the owners choice to close your business as well as hers, you need to put your foot down and start acting like a self employed renter who chooses when they open regardless of the landlords decisions. Xoxo

I agree with Tomme. I hold keys to the salon i rent in so that i can get to work early, leave late and work when they are closed, although we have a contract that says i don't work Sundays or Mondays without notice.

Do you have a contract?

If they have closed the salon and you cannot get in and cannot work, then you should not have to pay rent.

If you can work and choose not to, then you should pay for it xx

I would be interested to hear how the OP resolved this situation !

Latest posts

Back