Pdq machine refused as offering botox?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzyduck

Reaction score
Hi All
I wonder if any one can advise me here. I have just applied for a new card terminal through my bank. I was asked the question "Do you offer Botox on your premises" which I duly answered yes.
We have an aesthetic nurse visit monthly. She owns her own company. Clients pay her directly by cash or cheque and she gives me my commission with one of her company cheques.
None of the money paid directly to her goes through my card machine.
I explained this to the bank but they have point blank refused to supply me with a machine even though I bank with them.
I did actually laugh as I havent heard of anything so ridiculous. I protested and she eventually put the phone down on me!!!

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Could anyone recommend anything else with good rates etc etc

Thank you:twisted:

Banks are terrible normally in regards to costs, putting you into 3 year contracts and being pretty terrible as a general rule.

There are many reasonable priced companies for you to try. Personally I recommend CardSave. Low monthly cost, you can haggle on price, includes a certain amount of transactions on the monthly rental and it's only around 20p per debit thereafter.

Thanks Bannerpenguin
I will look into that. Stil would like to know what "Botox" has to do with anything!!

Thanks Bannerpenguin
I will look into that. Stil would like to know what "Botox" has to do with anything!!

It sounds very strange. But a bank wouldn't touch us as we take upfront payment before shipping products - which in this industry is standard because everything is obviously custom to that client.

Thanks Bannerpenguin

My boyfriend was refused a card machine by one bank because he does alarms and security, and they said he is in high risk category, cause he takes a deposit, before he starts the job.
He just went to another bank and had no problem at all.

Kirsty

"We put the treat in your treatment"

I could understand if I was selling cocaine as a sideline.

Botox from Allergan is heavily regulated in the UK it is a prescribed drug.
Not the same can be said for Dermal Fillers.

The salon has its own insurance what on earth has it got to do with the bank?!

People pay for liposuction, breast implants, etc etc etc with credit cards all the time. I would love to know what their policy is in writing and why!!

Latest posts

Back