Pedi for a marathon runner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyS

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

A friend of mine is running 12 marathons + a 150 mile final super marathon this year and I've agreed to be one of her sponsors. Instead of money, she's asked me to give her regular pedi's to keep her feet going.

So, given that her feet are going to take a bit of a pounding and have blisters etc, do any of you lovely geeks have any hints or tips as to what products to use, which foot soaks work best etc.

All hints, tips and advice gratefully received.

Thank you
Tracy

Don't , if you remove any hard skin she has built up she will feel it when she runs ,

People often loose a toe nail after a marathon , or develop runners toe nail ,
It's the repeat impact on front of the shoes ,

So make them short straight free edge no corners ,

Nouthing like gel on them ,

Polish with go faster stripes ,

Maybe after the runs do her pedicures?

I've also herd of some people using white spirtit (i think) to toughen the skin before a race.... I wouldnt try it though :/

Last edited:
Don't , if you remove any hard skin she has built up she will feel it when she runs ,

People often loose a toe nail after a marathon , or develop runners toe nail ,
It's the repeat impact on front of the shoes ,

So make them short straight free edge no corners ,

Nouthing like gel on them ,

Polish with go faster stripes ,

Maybe after the runs do her pedicures?

I've also herd of some people using white spirtit (i think) to toughen the skin before a race.... I wouldnt try it though :/

Agreed.
I'm not a marathon runner, but my feet do take a serious pounding from running and working out at the gym regularly. Stay on top of the hard skin. You can go over them with a foot file and foot scrub just to smooth them out, but don't completely take them off. She needs that padding when she's running. Taking them completely off will cause more blisters. All fresh blisters need to be left alone to heal and harden before you can tend to them. Otherwise it will just do more harm than good. She'll apprecciate a good solid massage on her arches and toes, and a refreshing soak. As mizzy_dizzy said, you'll wanna keep her toenails short and round the corners out so there's no sharp corners poking her toes. My clients from the gym I go to really like CND Marine Spa Pedicure. Good luck!

I was advised to soak my feet in surgical spirit to toughen them up and protect against blisters when hiking, this is the type of thing she'll need rather than softening creams etc.

I was advised to soak my feet in surgical spirit to toughen them up and protect against blisters when hiking, this is the type of thing she'll need rather than softening creams etc.
thats what i ment lol

Thank you all - much appreciated.

Did her first of many pedi's tonight and stuck with a decent exfoliation, sea salt foot soak and a damned good massage.

Oh, and she loved the idea of go faster stripes ! :D

Would the surgical spirit be a one off or a few times leading up to a marathon?x
My sis in law doing one this year very helpful thread. :)

Would the surgical spirit be a one off or a few times leading up to a marathon?x
My sis in law doing one this year very helpful thread. :)
I was advised to 'soak' (smother them in surgical spirit on cotton wool) every day for 2 weeks before the hike. Especially the heel area.

Latest posts

Back