Pedicure before gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
If a clients wants a full pedicure with gelish toes do I need to do gelish before the pedicure? Will soaking affect newly applied gelish?

I do shellac and also gellux I always soak after ive done them, then do mask etc if required

I do a pedicure first and then prepare toe nails, then (hybrid pedicure) Soak off gel polish just make shure I done prep propelly, Always stays on ages. x

Oh dear - 2 different opinions!

I use shellac and always PEP the nail, shellac then pedicure.x

I file nail, prep and o shellac or gel, then soak feet, do any skin work/exfoliate , then clean off and do mask or go straight to lotion and foot ankle massage.

I always do the file nail prep/pep and shellac/gel before soak, that way the nail does not soak any water/moisture which could cause a problem with the shellac/gel.

As above, I use CND & we're taught to Shellac then pedicure. If you soak the nails then the nail will retain some water and also oil, which may cause the nail to swell slightly. If you then apply gel polish, the nail could return to normal and the Shellac may wrinkle, also the nail has to be clear of surface oils for adhesion.

I have friends that soak before (they only soak though) and they said the gel polish has been fine.

But I'm happy with what I've been taught xx

As above, I use CND & we're taught to Shellac then pedicure. If you soak the nails then the nail will retain some water and also oil, which may cause the nail to swell slightly. If you then apply gel polish, the nail could return to normal and the Shellac may wrinkle, also the nail has to be clear of surface oils for adhesion.

I have friends that soak before (they only soak though) and they said the gel polish has been fine.

But I'm happy with what I've been taught xx

That's what I thought but felt I'd better check first. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back