Pedicure chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a comfy chair for pedicures and get a matching footstool for me to sit on, can anyone recommend one? Budget is £100 :) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Hi honey

A lot of people use the Poang (sp?) chair and foot stool from Ikea. I personally use a beauty bed and have a nice warm heated blanket underneath the towelling fitted sheet. I start with my clients sitting on my comfy manicure chairs and have their feet in the pedi bowl and we go through the consultation form and they have a quick coffee or tea. Then I dry their feet, get them to hop in the bed and anyway we go. If I am using scrubs and masques I have a nice hot bowl of water with either flannels or towelling mitts to wash them off.

Drove me mad trying to find a way of doing pedicures but I love doing it on the bed. Bless one of my clients the other month, she nodded off! For mobile I have a foot stool on its own no stool for me to sit on) and that works really well as I don't fancy humping my couch around and besides I can never put the bloody thing up without some kind of ninja move anyway!

Not sure if that's any help to you, but worth a consideration if you can't find what you want. There is also a really good pedi set up thread on here that may be worth having a read of- that's where I got the idea.

xxx

Thanks hun, i was thinking about a beauty couch as i'd love to do other treatments in the future especially facials which would obviously require a couch! The main worry was about the foot spa i wasn't sure where to put it and when i do masks and exfoliation etc can expect it gets quite messy? Does it seem like a lot of messing about? xx

Have you got the link for the thread hun? I can't find it xx

My couch is positioned right near my table so everything goes on there but you could use a trolly- i have a nice bowl which i fill up with very hot water and place my mitts or face cloths in there so by the time ive done cuticle work etc the water has cooled enough for me to ring out the flannels but are still really warm for the client and i can remove the scrub and masque that way.

I normally do a quick foot soak first while client is not on the bed as my pedi bowl is deep but i know some people put them on the bed. I start with them in a normal chair feet in bowl and then they can do consult form and have a drink sitting up right. They only have a couple of minutes there then i move them to the bed and do the rest of the pedi. When i shellac they dont have foot soak unless they are having full pedi with it.

When im on pc ill see if i can find it honey, in mean time if anyone else can find it hopefully theyll post for you. X x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

Ok thanks very much :) would love to have a pedicure chair and a beauty couch but not sure i'll have room for both, i'll have a think :) x x

This is what I use for pedicures SS

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363556804.797096.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363556804.797096.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,016
I have the ikea poang chair and footstool with leather cushions. It's more than £100 new but I got mine in excellent condition from ebay for just over

x

I have the ikea poang chair and footstool with leather cushions. It's more than £100 new but I got mine in excellent condition from ebay for just over

x

Sorry if this sounds dumb! lol but do you sit on the footstool and have your clients foot on your lap or does your client put their feet on the footstool? x

I sit on a small low down stool and my clients have their feet on the footstool. I tilt the footstool the other way and they slide their foot into my lamp! SS

I sit on a small low down stool and my clients have their feet on the footstool. I tilt the footstool the other way and they slide their foot into my lamp! SS

Have you ever tried it with you sitting on the footstool? I've seen a video of it been done like this and it seems ok x

When I do it my client sits in the chair and I sit on the stool with a towel over my lap and resting on the stool

What chair do you have maz? Some of the footstools i've seen don't look very sturdy i'm scared to sit on them! Lol x

If the question is the comfortable seating pedicure then i can recommendate the website which i just visited and saw they are the manufacturer and supplier of pedicures. this is the worth of purchasing. Thanks a lot.

http://www.whalespa.net/

I've just seen 3 different ads on gumtree for the chair you mentioned about from ikea from £10 to £30 :) x

Latest posts

Back