Pedicure without a foot spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi all

I am skint after several bouts of training in the last month - but I want to offer some sort of pedicure at my home nail room?

Can I do this without a foot spa? Will fizzing foot tablets suffice...and do Creative to the sensations range in such an item as i can't find such a thing in the cataglogue

any help appreciated...

Hi Louise
Yes Creative do bath fizzies - here is the link to them on their website

http://www.designernails.co.uk/Products.aspx?categoryId=374&type=2

they are in the catalogue but I haven't got one to hand :sad:

You don't need a foot spa, just a nice bowl will do - sometime the spa's are difficult to clean out because of all the jets and stuff, mine was just a simple one with heat and vibrate so I could clean it quickly and easily - I got 2 for £10 from one of the factory shops that pop up in the shopping centres etc.

HTH
T
xx

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Louise
Yes Creative do bath fizzies - here is the link to them on their website

http://www.designernails.co.uk/Products.aspx?categoryId=374&type=2

they are in the catalogue but I haven't got one to hand :sad:

You don't need a foot spa, just a nice bowl will do - sometime the spa's are difficult to clean out because of all the jets and stuff, mine was just a simple one with heat and vibrate so I could clean it quickly and easily - I got 2 for £10 from one of the factory shops that pop up in the shopping centres etc.

HTH
T
xx
Hi T

I thought these are huge for a bath?

Or am I confused?

Louse

i just love the cucumber and aloe fizzies....i usually half one of them and my fiance uses half and i use the other half.....i find that is plenty for the footspa.

stanleyann

i use the sea fizz soak balls and find these excellent, they can be purchased from the nail warehouse.

Hi Louise!
I used to own a foot bath that you plug in, and it has massage and heat. I didn't really care for it.
You'd be better off using a really large, beautifully decorated bowl.
My best friend has a home Nail Spa and she uses a large stainless steel bowl.
Find some pretty marbles, or stones, and put in them in the bowl (gives the client something to rub against), fill it with water as hot as the client can take (along with soap or bath fizzies). And do your pedicure!
The heat of the water to me lasts longer than those portable tubs.
My issue with the portable tubs is that the water gets cold really fast, and the vibrating can get pretty annoying. I never use mine any more. I use this pretty teal basin that I bought from a home goods store.
But if that's what you want to purchase, don't let me dicourage you.
I just wanted to give my opinion.
*wink*

mgloverfam said:
Hi Louise!
I used to own a foot bath that you plug in, and it has massage and heat. I didn't really care for it.
You'd be better off using a really large, beautifully decorated bowl.
My best friend has a home Nail Spa and she uses a large stainless steel bowl.
Find some pretty marbles, or stones, and put in them in the bowl (gives the client something to rub against), fill it with water as hot as the client can take (along with soap or bath fizzies). And do your pedicure!
The heat of the water to me lasts longer than those portable tubs.
My issue with the portable tubs is that the water gets cold really fast, and the vibrating can get pretty annoying. I never use mine any more. I use this pretty teal basin that I bought from a home goods store.
But if that's what you want to purchase, don't let me dicourage you.
I just wanted to give my opinion.
*wink*
No Diya thats the kind of advice I was after - I will shop around and see if I can find something....like the idea of peebles.....cheers hun :)

Fab Freak said:
No Diya thats the kind of advice I was after - I will shop around and see if I can find something....like the idea of peebles.....cheers hun :)
I teach at a very large cosmetology school, and our state requires cosmetologists to learn nail technology. (98 current students) We use portable foot baths, and the CND Spa Pedicure line. It works quite well and smells wonderful. The clients like swishing the rocks and the foam together. If sanitation wasn't such a big hassle for us (imagine keeping track of and making sure all 98 students are performing proper sanitation procedures:cry: ) I think the marbles are a great idea. I will definetly be sharing it with my students!!

Code:
 live for today, you never know what will happen tomarrow!

Find the biggest, prettiest bowl you can, and fill it with colorful stones and marbles!

Hiya Louise,

Nailorder do some fizzy bath balls too, i think they are from the Pinnacle range

Amanda

i too am wanting to provide a lovely pedi service but didn't want to carry my electric foot spa with me as mobile. Where is the best place to get a lovely round bowl from??

I also love the idea of using pebbles too, i assume you would sanitize these after every client?

talented talons said:
I also love the idea of using pebbles too, i assume you would sanitize these after every client?
I was also wondering this too...........Not being funny but wouldn't that be rather time consuming?

Adele

Where have people been able to find their bowls from?
Not critisising at all, but I can't imagine being able to get a big enough, pretty bowl, and pebbles, glass nuggets etc for much less than a standard foot spa?

I'm looking for one at the moment, and initially looked at the Ozone one from Ellisons but am thinking I probably don't need to spend that much, but would certainly like one with bubbles. My own foot spa only does 'massage' (pathetic vibrations) and 'heat' (yeah, right!) plus an infra-red thingmabob and some massage roller things that fit into a slot on the top. It was the Carmen Girls one and is really a bit disappointing (especially as I saw a Hinari one with bubbles for less money a week later!).

Do you think it matters to clients whether your foot spa is a 'professional' brand or one they could buy themselves from Argos? I'm hoping/thinking that a £35 foot spa from Argos by Scholl or Babyliss or something would be just as good as a £60 one from a beauty catalogue as long as the rest of your service is good?

hi lol

the ones from argos r just the same ive got one from ellissons and my mum has one from argos and its just as good plus cheaper, i dont think the client would mind where you get it from.
im fed up with taking my footbath everywhere so im gonna convert to using a bowl and i love the idea of putting marbles/pebbles in there .i stererlise my footbath / bowl with cold water sterilising tablets you can buy them in tescos etc in the baby section hth xx

The entire bowl and stones/pebbles can be santized quite easily.
After the service pour the used water out, and the stones out in a sink.
Spray a the bowl down with germicidal disinfectant spray.
Using a clean, wet towel or scrub brush, wipe/scrub the bowl down really good.
Gathering the stones by the handful, rinse then under running water briefly.
Finally, place the stones back in the bowl, and spray a final mist of sanitizer.
This is no more time consuming than scrubbing any other tub or bowl, and there is no need to scrub each stone.
It also helps to use sanitizing tablets/powder in the water during the service, because all you'll have to do is rinse the bowl out really good, wipe it down, and mist it with sanitizer. This is what I do for "home" pedicures, but at work (the spa) we have the pedicure whirlpool thrones. I realize that everyone doesn't have a pedicure throne, so I think the bowl is a better option than the portable tubs.
Hope this helps.

mgloverfam said:
The entire bowl and stones/pebbles can be santized quite easily.
After the service pour the used water out, and the stones out in a sink.
Spray a the bowl down with germicidal disinfectant spray.
Using a clean, wet towel or scrub brush, wipe/scrub the bowl down really good.
Gathering the stones by the handful, rinse then under running water briefly.
Finally, place the stones back in the bowl, and spray a final mist of sanitizer.
This is no more time consuming than scrubbing any other tub or bowl, and there is no need to scrub each stone.
It also helps to use sanitizing tablets/powder in the water during the service, because all you'll have to do is rinse the bowl out really good, wipe it down, and mist it with sanitizer. This is what I do for "home" pedicures, but at work (the spa) we have the pedicure whirlpool thrones. I realize that everyone doesn't have a pedicure throne, so I think the bowl is a better option than the portable tubs.
Hope this helps.
Hi Diya

I went shopping and found some fabulous clear peebles but I cant find a bowel I like as yet... will keep on looking....is yours made out of plastic or another type of material

Mine is indeed made out of a very thick plastic. It's a pretty teal color, and sort of clear. Try looking in the home goods isles of your local department stores, or dollar/discount stores. You could also try an Art & Craft store. BTW, Art & Craft stores have all the prettiest pebbles/marbles!!

Latest posts

Back