Pedicures ...sanitise or wash?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlcake

Reaction score
What do with Shellac clients for pedicures. A quick in and out in a foot spa or spray with something like the Mundo hand and foot sanitiser?

Watching this thread with interest. Hope u get some replies soon :)

I spray with Mundo BTW

Mundo foot sanitiser for me :) will be interesting to see what others do!!

Mundo for me too. Love the minty fresh fragrance as well
Vicki x

I would have thought sanitiser as you don't really want the nails getting wet prior to applying Shellac.

I do a quick couple of mins in a foot spa to make the client more relaxed incase she's worried her feet smell and then sanitize using cool blue :)

I would have thought sanitiser as you don't really want the nails getting wet prior to applying Shellac.

Yep, that was my rationale behind it also

Mundo all the way! xxxx

Mundo or cool blue for me too

I was interested what everyone else does because decided to treat myself to a SHELLAC PEDICURE even through I'm trained I just wanted a
wee pampering.
The girl don't know what else to call her as she was not professional even though it was a very reputable salon.
Towel did not look or feel fresh, didn't use a spray on her hands or my feet.
Although I could see it was a proper CND file it had obviously seen better days ,more white than black yuck.
Anyway not going to say anymore but definately didn't feel pampered.

I was interested what everyone else does because decided to treat myself to a SHELLAC PEDICURE even through I'm trained I just wanted a
wee pampering.
The girl don't know what else to call her as she was not professional even though it was a very reputable salon.
Towel did not look or feel fresh, didn't use a spray on her hands or my feet.
Although I could see it was a proper CND file it had obviously seen better days ,more white than black yuck.
Anyway not going to say anymore but definately didn't feel pampered.

I would be interested to find out which salon as I'm in the same city!

CND recommend doing a dry pedicure when applying Shellac. If your client wanted a Spa Pedicure this can be performed in reverse order (Shellac app first, followed by all the pampering bits after). This is to avoid service breakdown as nails will absorb water like a sponge and can cause lifting. Hths :)

CND Cool blue, it's a waterless sanitizer and it really is cooling , beautiful on feet in the hot summer months very refreshing.

Dry pedi using Mundo for me too. Ive just bought new towels but usually by the end of the year they are pretty worn and polished stained looking. I re-use my 240 files a couple of times too, they get scrubbed with anti-bac soap and water then sprayed. Each to their own i suppose. :) My towels and files may look tatty but i know they are clean and so do my clients.

I'm with Mizzy on this one. I love Cool Blue for Shellac pedis.

It smells so clean and fresh.

Mundo for me too. Love the minty fresh fragrance as well
Vicki x

Using Mundo Sanitizing Hand & Foot Spray on a regular basis can totally eliminate food odour as it kills the bacteria responsible for the smell. And because it contains skin conditioners it won't harm the skin!

We know plenty of people who keep a 45ml bottle in their pocket.

Now everyone can have fresh feet all summer long - and it is so refreshing too!

When I get a call for a Shellac Pedicure, I always explain that Shellac needs a dry manicure before application so they need to come 'ready scrubbed' lol. It normally gets a response of amusement followed by 'I know what you mean' lol. Oh and I spray them on arrival.

Thanks every one. Glad no one posted neither.
Lolly you wouldn't beleive me if I told you the salon.....so I'l say nothing and maybe all techs out there that don't sanatise their hands and clients feet will start to do so xx

Latest posts

Back