People badmouthing me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so you may remember me posting a while ago about my step mum passing away and me having to cancel some clients. Basically I had people booked in the day she passed away and the day after. I was very close to my step mum and I was in no fit state to work so I sent them a nice message saying that I was very sorry to cancel and told them what had happened. Someone posted on a local Facebook group last night asking if anyone was available to do a set of nails. I tagged my business page and I've just woke up to 3 people commenting. They have all said they wouldn't recommend me at all as I never turned up to their appointments, cancelled on them and they don't know how I can call myself a business! I'm so upset by this! Obviously people reading it aren't going to know the circumstances and are going to be put off! What can I do? I don't know whether to say anything or not? X

Jeez, some people are the limit. Yes, I think this is one instance where you should post a nice reply.

'Sadly, I did have to cancel a few appointments at very short notice recently due to a close family bereavement.'

Just leave it short and to the point.

Yes I agree with AcidPerm. You should defiantly post a comment. But I think you should be even more specific. Something like 'I'm sorry I had to cancel your appointments. I did contact you to explain that my step mum who is like a second mother to me, sadly passed away. I am sorry for the inconvenience I have caused you.'
That will without a doubt pitot straight for potential clients to see!
Sorry for your loss xx

I REALLY CARE about what I do...It's my profession, and I love it.......:)!
BUT......... I love my family more.....:D
In this situation, don't be hard on yourself for 'letting them down'.......
Don't feel bad..... let them go.........

I REALLY CARE about what I do...It's my profession, and I love it.......:)!
BUT......... I love my family more.....:D
In this situation, don't be hard on yourself for 'letting them down'.......
Don't feel bad..... let them go.........

Totally agree with redstar shame on those people!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

those local groups can be brutal in what they say about businesses it can be a free for all once someone starts

I agree with the rest of the girls address it directly... people really can be so tasteless in how they behave online

Latest posts

Back