People with weft experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirrin

Reaction score
Recently I had micro ring wefts put into my hair, and they're itching like crazy, I've had them before years ago and they were totally fine. But I noticed when they were being applied along the top of the weft there was like centimetre long stumpy bits of hair which is essentially quite sharp so it's making me itch to bad every time I go to bed, it's like they have Velcro along the top. I've been trying to google it, and the only thing I can come up with is that it hasn't been sealed properly?
I've only ever worked with individual bonds so I have zero experience with what good/bad wefts look and feel like.
Normal or not?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm qualified in this method and have personally had it twice before.
I would say the itching is completely normal to a certain extent.. also with wefts it's easy for shampoo/product to build up and that will make it more irritable even when you think you have rinsed it as much as you can it still has a habit of building up xx

All wefts itch me and they didnt before!

Hi, I'm qualified in this method and have personally had it twice before.
I would say the itching is completely normal to a certain extent.. also with wefts it's easy for shampoo/product to build up and that will make it more irritable even when you think you have rinsed it as much as you can it still has a habit of building up xx

Hi, it's more the top of the weft has like a fuzz of hair on it which I don't see how the itching could subside if its always on the weft. All wefts I've seen have just had smooth hair which are held together by the weft, no fuzz. But then again, it's not like I fully inspected them Xx

That fuzz on the top is called the beard it's where the hair has been turned over before being sealed onto the weft it's supposed to make it more secure. Sometimes if they are short and blunt u feel them more than the longer ones but it's an idea to make sure the beard is on the top of the weft not underneath where it can sit on the scalp. Sometimes the cause of itching can be aftercare , can I ask do u dilute your shampoo before washing? Often if u use meat shampoo on the weft then it can seep under the weft and be tricky to rinse out properly. I always recount weave clients dilute shampoo when washing. Hope this helps! X

I had this and the itching was terrible at night. It put me off getting one again

The beard of the weft is there in most wefts as without it the weft would fall to pieces. Wefts can be fitted by sandwiching the weft between 2 sections of your own hair (individual extension size sections from above and one from underneath the weft) and apply the micro ring to that and clamp and this may help to prevent the itch. Itching is very common in the first few weeks of any extension fitting. Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back