Perfect Preparation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a million for your help BUT..... At college and we have a great teacher who does remove shine going over nail plate more than once on each stroke. Is this ok??? The great book says the same as you.

Regards Sylvia

Hi there

I am new here tonight & this is my first post. I'm still in my advanced training stage & having a few problems, one of them being "lifting".
Thankyou so much for the info, it has helped me understand a little more & i'm sure i will learn alot from everyone on here.

Lynn Victoria x

I am so glad to have read this even though so far i havent had any clients complain about lifting yet i took alot away from having read your tutorial and look forward to every single tutorial that you will put together in the future . keep them coming.

belinda

I just wanted to say thanks for the refresher! I love how you are so detailed and discriptive with your instuctions. Again a great thread...

boy you sure know your stuff.. thank you!:biggrin:

Excellent Tutorial. Looking to buy scrubfresh today as some of my customers extensions seem to 'ping' off. One lady in particular. To look at her nail plates you wouldn't know an extension had been put on. Just qualified as nail tech so noew to the game. Hoping scrub fresh will help!:o

brilliant, you learn something new everyday on this site..:) its great:)

Great tutorial i think it exlains everything perfectly.
Sarah xxx:)

IS THIS WHY MY NAILS ARE FROSTING OVER AFTER ABOUT A WEEK AND LIFTING AT THE BACK.:cry:

this tutorial has been really helpful but i was just wondering if the part where you use the koala buffer is doing the same job as when you use the scrub fresh?? :o :confused:

any help is apprechiated

Love Lisa xx:)

this tutorial has been really helpful but i was just wondering if the part where you use the koala buffer is doing the same job as when you use the scrub fresh?? :o :confused:

any help is apprechiated

Love Lisa xx:)

Hiya ...the koala buffer is to remove the shine from the nail...and the scrub fresh is to temporarily dehydrate the nail and leave pathogen fighters to help prevent the risk of a bacterial infection..(greenies)....it also helps to prevent lifting. HTH xx

Hiya ...the koala buffer is to remove the shine from the nail...and the scrub fresh is to temporarily dehydrate the nail and leave pathogen fighters to help prevent the risk of a bacterial infection..(greenies)....it also helps to prevent lifting. HTH xx

hi bagpuss thank you very much, helped loads.

xx

hi, this is my first post, i have just read your tutorial, and i'm gonna give it another go. i did an NSI course feb 2005:) , i practiced and practised, they all looked fab but other than 2 mates never got anyone back for infills, that tells me they kept coming off, :( kept trying but have now lost all confidence:o , i'm not sure if you do it on this forum, but i also belong to a face painting forum, where, we meet for coffee and go over new designs with each other, and those that have been doing for years help the newbies, with any problems, any one do this, or can any one offer any much needed advise. i dont want to be just ok, i want to be fantastic. i need help, bigtime.!!!!!!
thanks
wendy:hug:

i would like to know a few things......
where to buy scrubfresh from
how do i know if a product(acrylic) need primer? i use nsi and i always use primer
can i use a 180 file to remove the shine off the natural nail?
kind regards
Lizete

i would like to know a few things......
where to buy scrubfresh from
how do i know if a product(acrylic) need primer? i use nsi and i always use primer
can i use a 180 file to remove the shine off the natural nail?
kind regards
Lizete

Scrubfresh can be purchased from Sweet Squared the UK distributors for Creative Nail Design.

You need to use primer with most all Liquid & Powder brands apart form Creative Nail Design. You need it with NSI

180 grit files are too harsh to use on the natural nail. 240 or higher and always use in the dierection of nail growth never side to side or more than once in the same place.

Last edited:
First of all - thank you for a superb tutorial. I've tried it on my last set of nails - and it worked :)
Just one question - what is NailFresh? I know the other products, but that one I haven't heard of.

PS. Just for info - the ScrubFresh can get too old, then it looses its 'power'. I haven't been doing that many nails for the past year and a half, so I ended up buying a new one, and that also helped...:idea:

:lol:cool blue and scrub fresh rock i love the freshness of cool blue it makes me feel all invigorated lol :green:Thanks mr geek for the refresher xx

Dear Geeg,
I have read almost all the tutorials tonight.... is this "step by step" the same for an infill?.... Scrub fresh is made by creative right?.... Ok i will admit I use the "spray and wipe" but everytime I buy something that says lint free! it leaves crap on my nail!....
Also I have had my nails done by a tech that used to work where i do and she does not even use any anti bac!.. her nails are perfect every time!... what is the go there

When you say the cuticle do you mean Pterygium, the eponiquio is protected by the cuticle, what should be removed is the pterygium which grows up the nail plate and causes lifting if any product is applied to the nail plate without being removed first!:confused:

Pterygium is the wrong term for what is in fact cuticle.

Quoted by Geeg......"Cuticle is made up of exfoliated skin cells from the folds of skin surrounding the nail unit. Cuticle is non-living. Cuticle is NOT pterygium (which is an over growth of skin cells). Cuticle is not the eponychium (which is living skin surrounding the base of the nail unit). Cuticle is not ‘true cuticle’ as opposed to false cuticle, it IS cuticle."

Latest posts

Back