Perm dropped, any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InHouseStylist

Reaction score
Hi guys! I've decided to come back on here, and I hope it's not as bitchy as before. So my dilemma.....I had a lady come for a loose perm. I'm using wella curl it intense. Bra strap length hair with lots of square layers through. I shampooed the hair 4 times as she had a lot of product on her hair, and then blotted the excess. I applied the post perm treatment and then rinsed just like the instructions said. Her hair is very coarse and mostly grey. I blotted again and then wound up the hair on black rods, rolling on a 9 section wrap. I applied the solution and then reapplied to make sure I saturated the whole hair evenly. I didn't apply heat, but I did apply a plastic cap. I kept unrolling the rods and checking for the S. After 15 minutes the hair was ready and there was a lovely curl. I rinsed for 10 minutes, blotted all the water out with paper towels, then applied the neutraliser with a sponge and bowl. After 5 minutes I took the rods out and applied the rest of the neutraliser, then waited another 5 minutes. After I rinsed the hair and applied a conditioner on the ends, the curls had dropped! I was horrified! I applied a ton of products to try and help the curl come back but nothing. I just don't understand it! I called wella and they said because my client is taking Beta-blockers, her hair structure will be weak and won't hold a curl. They said I did nothing wrong in terms of the process and that they would refund me the price of the perm solution.........it just all seems odd to me! Any other ideas guys? I've never had this happen :/

I don't perm.

But I do know there's several medications that can affect the perm.
Beta blockers and thyroid medication are 2 I know of.

To be honest I would expect it to drop being so long.

I think @KHS and @AcidPerm perm they might be able to help

An interesting opening sentence...!

Hi there....I think the medication definitely won't have helped but for it to drop straight away is unusual. I think for that length hair black rods may have been too big....Blue would have been better and the perm would have dropped after a week or two anyway with tad length..but it sounds to me more like a neutralising issue. Was the neutraliser new?

Latest posts

Back