Perm hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
does anyone perm there hair extensions..
ive got straight remy hair but client wants body wave i wondered if i can perm it as per norm obviousy with a mild perm.?
its indian remy hair..
ive never done it in extxensoins before (have done on norma hair )so i just order different har etc but just wondered if this was an option

thnks in advane

Dear god no!! It has been subject to different chemical processes than we use as hairdressers. All manner of problems could happen. It could not take, take unevenly, take far too much, melt etc etc. They use a different process to curl cut hair using heat. You can buy ready curled hair or switch to european which is usually wavy.

Dear god no!! It has been subject to different chemical processes than we use as hairdressers. All manner of problems could happen. It could not take, take unevenly, take far too much, melt etc etc. They use a different process to curl cut hair using heat. You can buy ready curled hair or switch to european which is usually wavy.

thanks.. i m know you can perm the virgin hair but wasnt sure about the normal indian remy.. il just stick to buying the ready made wave

You can perm Balmain hair. You just test curl it every 3 mins. :) Just use a lotion for coloured hair and perm it off the head and neutralise as normal.

Hiya Leonnib, I perm some extension hair as you know , but only the pure virgin uncoated hair ,
I suppose you could do a few a test curls first to see what happens

but even if it turns out nice , the only problem is if its not pure virgin hair it could easily matt up and tangle at a later date ,
hth :) minky

Hiya Leonnib, I perm some extension hair as you know , but only the pure virgin uncoated hair ,
I suppose you could do a few a test curls first to see what happens

but even if it turns out nice , the only problem is if its not pure virgin hair it could easily matt up and tangle at a later date ,

hth :) minky

yea thats what im worried about what happens after its in there etc il probably do some test ones and see how it is after its been washed etc before trying it on clients..

yea thats what im worried about what happens after its in there etc il probably do some test ones and see how it is after its been washed etc before trying it on clients..

Lol :lol: I do this and usually end up putting them test bits in my own hair for a few weeks even different coloured ones too , I test all the hair like this
can't think what it must look like to strangers , but most people know what I am doing and appreciate it too :) x minky

does anyone perm there hair extensions..
ive got straight remy hair but client wants body wave i wondered if i can perm it as per norm obviousy with a mild perm.?
its indian remy hair..
ive never done it in extxensoins before (have done on norma hair )so i just order different har etc but just wondered if this was an option

thnks in advane
I wouldnt recommend it. The end result usualy dependS on the quality of the hair extensions to start with. Usual commercial hair extensions a highly proccessed and cannot withstand another process.

Lol :lol: I do this and usually end up putting them test bits in my own hair for a few weeks even different coloured ones too , I test all the hair like this
can't think what it must look like to strangers , but most people know what I am doing and appreciate it too :) x minky

i perm my virgin hair now also.. obviously just because it its pure virgin hair. i love testin different waves etc in my hair.. i always have extensions in now though ..part of the job ..:biggrin:
next time you must send a pic lol

Latest posts

Back