Perm help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ari

Reaction score
Hi all. So I've been doing spiral perms on this client for years. They always turn out perfect. I went on maternity leave for a year and when I did her perm in oct it didn't take at all!! She hadn't gone anywhere else, had just left it to grow til I was back. No colors at home or salon the whole time I was gone. And only medicine change was that she stopped taking Prozac. My product and technique didn't change. I just can't figure it out. We've done tests strands since then and still won't take. I switched her from Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner to AG daily shampoo and conditioner thinking she might have too much protein in her hair but it's been 4 months and still no change. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx :)

What brand of perm are you using? Have you checked the manufacturer has not changed the chemicals slightly during the time you were off? Maybe test stand with a different product?

It's a Tessa product. Yeah maybe I'll try a diff brand. Gosh mommy brain gets the best of me sometimes. Haha. Thank you.

I have always used the Loreal Perms and never had a problem :)

Maybe you should contact your manufacturer and ask them if they have changed or altered anything. There is nothing more annoying though as it reflects bad on you even though it is something that Is out with your control.

Loreal, awesome. I'll look into it :). Tressa is individual bottles. One use type thing. So it's definitely not old stuff..

Latest posts

Back