Permanent hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molliemoo

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who isn’t a regular client,but often pops into the salon for her hair cut. On her last visit she asked to have a skin test for a permanent colour we did the routine skin test and explained about what to look for. The following week she rang to explain that at the end of the (48 hr) skin test she started to itch and blister we performed the test on the fore arm instead of behind her ear. It goes to show that the 48 hr test is crucial and not to be mis understood by 24 hrs which I know some salons do. How ever now the client concerned is wanting other options to Colour are there any vegetable based colour products out there or any other options.

You could try testing with a semi?
I had a client a few years ago that was allergic to Goldwell permanent colour but was perfectly fine with their semi’s.

I’m pretty sure wella has a non allergenic permanent color. It still has the normal ingredients but also contains an additional compound that blocks the allergy causing receptors.

I’m pretty sure wella has a non allergenic permanent color. It still has the normal ingredients but also contains an additional compound that blocks the allergy causing receptors.

People can still be allergic to the chemicals in Wella Innosence (Me+ replaces PPD) so you still need to do a skin test.

Do it in Foils Instead

Latest posts

Back