Perming loose waves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kells

Reaction score
Hi there!
Sorry I do not post often (took time off having kids & gently easing myself back in but seems my brain has emptied!!)

My friend has asked me to help perm her hair to have a loose perm but I have not done perming for AGES!! lol The largest rod I have is a grey rod (think this is medium) so thought I could roll half way leaving the roots unpermed or thought maybe of perming using rags but have only done this during training & don't have any rags (or are they just that-rags? ie an old sheet or something cut up)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
x

well in my opinion grey rods still give a curly result but this would depend on the length of her hair...i dont think you should perm with rags sounds dodgy to me and might turn out well curly and wont the rag absorb most of the perm solution?
you can perm with setting rollers the bigger the better but im not a fan of perms just tell your friend to curl it in other ways and then she can have the best of both worlds and keep the condition of her hair nice.. hth x

Latest posts

Back