Perming men's hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Hey! So my cousin wants a perm, his hairs definitely long enough but I'm just not sure what rods, solution or what pattern to use/do? He has virgin hair that's really thick density but fine/medium texture.. He doesn't want the curls ridiculously tight but he wants it to be clearly curly and not just waves. I was thinking just go in brickwork horizontally? With the hair going under the rod first? But can anyone suggest what perm to use? Thanks!

Hi, as you know it's not the perm you use but size of perm curler and length of hair you are curling. How long is his hair? Then I can advise you better. I would also alternate two sizes all over then decrease to smaller as you get nearer the hairline if that makes sense. Do you have a pic?

You can use an acid, alkaline or exothermic perm for normal hair and just follow the instructions and keep checking for your 's' bend.

Use an acclaim perm there amazing!

Hi, as you know it's not the perm you use but size of perm curler and length of hair you are curling. How long is his hair? Then I can advise you better. I would also alternate two sizes all over then decrease to smaller as you get nearer the hairline if that makes sense. Do you have a pic?

You can use an acid, alkaline or exothermic perm for normal hair and just follow the instructions and keep checking for your 's' bend.
Haven't got a picture but his hairs probably about 6 inches long?

Haven't got a picture but his hairs probably about 6 inches long?

Ok, then I'd use grey and blue curlers, I'd also use just the grey(larger size) rolled forward to avoid it being too tight at the front. These sizes will be more of a relaxed curl/wave. If you want it slightly tighter then use blues and reds but this will be fairly curly. Don't forget that a perm usually relaxes after a couple of weeks so if it's too loose at first it will just end up as a bend. Again, use larger at front. This is only my opinion, so it's up to you to decide as you have the client in front of you. Hth

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469572998.138165.jpg

I permed my brothers hair last year this was the sectioning rollers and results I got :) hth X

Latest posts

Back