Perming Mixed Race Hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie6777

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been approached to cut and perm a 15yr old girls hair who is of mixed race. I have no previous experience of this type of hair other than relaxing curls. Can anyone give me any advice, her hair is around 4" long at the moment and she wants it to be curly not sure if she wants it to be ringlet like curls or just curly.

Won't perming only make it just make it look like 'Big Hair'?

Can I use normal perming lotion or is there a particular product specifically formulated for this hair type?

Thanks for any help offered.

Personally id take a test piece to see how it takes. Ideally the wave pattern for mixed race girls tends to have small ringlets.The tenacious hair will show you how her hair should react, i would hesitate, as if her hair is more afro-carib it tends to form its own pattern, if its more striaght, then id still see how the test piece would react. As you'll find that the lack of moisture in mixed race hair does tend to get more frizzy as it drys. So its some aftercare that would need to be considered. hths xoxo

Hi Wonderwoman,
Thanks for the advice, most grateful. Thanks

Latest posts

Back