Perms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
Hello lovely geeks :)

I have an enquiry about a spiral perm,
I love doing perms so its no problem...
However her hair is bleach blonde With a panel of dark brown through the front. Its in a good condition to say its bleached. She is also on a lot of meds at the moment.
What perm solution would you recommend please? I've only ever used Loreal but I'm up for using any other brand xxx

hi there personally i would not perm it if it is heavily bleached it may bein good condition now but at the end of the day its another chemical process. you can get perms for bleached hair i think its acclaim that do one so good luck if you go ahead with it would be interested on the outcome.xx

hi there personally i would not perm it if it is heavily bleached it may bein good condition now but at the end of the day its another chemical process. you can get perms for bleached hair i think its acclaim that do one so good luck if you go ahead with it would be interested on the outcome.xx

Thanks. I wouldn't say it was heavily bleached, from what I can see her roots are around a base 8 with 50% grey so her last stylist obviously didn't use a lot of bleach to lighten her up xx

hi there again have a look at joico k pak perms they hav a few different strengths ive only used it once but loved it. x

hi there again have a look at joico k pak perms they hav a few different strengths ive only used it once but loved it. x

Thankyou!xx

Have you carried out a wet strectch test and a test piece yet?

I would really test the hair condition etc etc first before even considering it to be honest.
Hair can look ok condition wise but it could have a lovely coating of plastic on it and the minute you stretch test it could stretch to high heaven!!

Hi, my advice is to definitely do a strand test as a lot of medication can cause problems when you perm even on Virgin hair let alone on a bleached / coloured head of hair. Be very careful as you could end up with a straight frizz! You must do as test. If you decide to go ahead, good luck.

Hi again, forgot to mention that if your client is taking iron (ferrous sulphate) or had a general anaesthetic within the last year these can have an adverse effect on the perm taking properly.

Thanks everyone, her hair isn't stretchy when wet which is why I felt it is in a good condition... I have decided against the perm all together due to her medications. She is on an awful lot xxx

Latest posts

Back