Hot wax decision

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into the best hot and strip wax to start trying. I think I'd either use Berodin wax or Perron Rigot. My head is hurting after reading about each type of wax. I don't want to over complicate things though. I'm unsure about getting Euroblonde, intimate 4 or blue in PR. I'm also looking at Berodin Blue hot wax and Berodin Black strip wax. I've bought a 500cc Deo wax pot so would prefer to start out with a 400/450g tin such as Berodin strip wax which will be easier to decant/just put the tin straight in rather than PR 800g tins.

Then there is the consideration of reactions. Are a lot of people allergic/intolerant to rosin/besswax and I am best just buying PR Cristalline and Cristal Ocean to try and prevent reactions?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking into the best hot and strip wax to start trying. I think I'd either use Berodin wax or Perron Rigot. My head is hurting after reading about each type of wax. I don't want to over complicate things though. I'm unsure about getting Euroblonde, intimate 4 or blue in PR. I'm also looking at Berodin Blue hot wax and Berodin Black strip wax. I've bought a 500cc Deo wax pot so would prefer to start out with a 400/450g tin such as Berodin strip wax which will be easier to decant/just put the tin straight in rather than PR 800g tins.

Then there is the consideration of reactions. Are a lot of people allergic/intolerant to rosin/besswax and I am best just buying PR Cristalline and Cristal Ocean to try and prevent reactions?

Thanks

Hi, I use Perron Rigot Intimate 4 for Brazilians and Mojito for strip wax. Love working with Perron Rigot
Kristina xx

Go along to one of the Perron Rigot discovery days, you get to try all of the waxes and see which you prefer.

I've been on the discovery day which was great but I'm undecided on the waxes to get lol.

Could you advise on how I'd get strip wax into my 500cc? As the strip wax tins are 800 and I've no idea how I'd manage this!

Thanks

Hiya. I am wondering how you have got on please. I feel the same with waxing. Did you choose PR range? And find out how to transfer 800g into 500cc pot please ?

Hiya. I am wondering how you have got on please. I feel the same with waxing. Did you choose PR range? And find out how to transfer 800g into 500cc pot please ?

Hi,
I have a 500CC Deo wax pot which I'm sending back for a refund after it repeatedly not working properly. I use a 1000cc HIVE digital wax pot which is great. I use this for hot wax. I am now using roller wax cartridges for strip waxing (not using PR for the roller waxes). I use the single HIVE hand held roller waxer. It is so much better for waxing legs with, I'll never go back to pot and spatula for leg waxing, even though I was trained that way.

At the moment I am set on PR hot wax. I am currently using PR's Blue wax which is basically Euroblonde dyed blue. I think it is a fantastic wax for getting all the hairs out which is the point! I am going to purchase Cristalline hot wax so I have a rosin wax available as an option if needed.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I have a 500CC Deo wax pot which I'm sending back for a refund after it repeatedly not working properly. I use a 1000cc HIVE digital wax pot which is great. I use this for hot wax. I am now using roller wax cartridges for strip waxing (not using PR for the roller waxes). I use the single HIVE hand held roller waxer. It is so much better for waxing legs with, I'll never go back to pot and spatula for leg waxing, even though I was trained that way.

At the moment I am set on PR hot wax. I am currently using PR's Blue wax which is basically Euroblonde dyed blue. I think it is a fantastic wax for getting all the hairs out which is the point! I am going to purchase Cristalline hot wax so I have a rosin wax available as an option if needed.

Hope this helps.
Hiya. Thank you very good suggestions. I am wondering which one is the PR blue wax is it the intimate 4 u one. Please ? I am curious " also which roller wax system did you choose ? Thank you

Last edited:
Hiya. Thank you very good suggestions. I am wondering which one is the PR blue wax the intimate 4 u one. Please ? I am curious " also which roller wax system did you choose ? Thank you
PBHAIRREMOVAL520.jpg

Hiya. Thank you very good suggestions. I am wondering which one is the PR blue wax is it the intimate 4 u one. Please ? I am curious " also which roller wax system did you choose ? Thank you

PR Cristalline is a rosin free wax with a similar consistency to Euroblonde (more gel like) and PR Pure is rosin free and more of a creamy wax which I'm not so keen on.

For roller wax I just buy Depileve roller wax cartridges as they're reasonably priced. I am currently using a single hand held roller waxer by HIVE but if I had a busy salon I'd be using Clean & Easy roller wax heater as it holds a lot more.

Thank you much appreciated

I use PR Homme and Mojito. Tried every good wax brand and I think these are the best.

I use PR Homme and Mojito. Tried every good wax brand and I think these are the best.
Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated

Latest posts

Back