Personal Shopper Anyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
OK OK the christmas rush has caught up with me & bit me on the ass BIG TIME.
For days now I have been looking for a Bob the Builder suit for my little man. Does he want one? Probably not.
Do I want him to have one? Definately YES. I've almost become obsessed now in finding one. I've bid for the decent ones on Ebay but so far have not been successful :cry: :cry:

And then it came to me.

I know of loads of Geeks up & down the country & across the seas. Maybe one of them knows where I might find one.
So here is born the Personal Geek Shopper. For the holiday season especially, we can find items for each other that we are unable to find locally. It's always the way that XXXX have 6 but are unable to deliver so we could shop for each other & increase our chances of finding that special gift.

I'll kick it off then :D

1st item on the Geek shopping list PLEASE is:

A Bob the Builder dressing up suit DELUXE if possible aged 2-4 years. I believe it consists of checked shirt, overall, belt, tools & a hard hat. These are NOT PRINTED onto the suit.

If anyone can locate one please pm me ASAP.

what a fab idea sonia !

hey you'll never guess what ... this was something i contemplated a while back as i love shopping and most of my neighbours (and other people who work ! lol) just do not have the time or stress to spare time and energy christmas shopping !

Its something i may look into again as i love shopping and i woudl offer the complete service to include wrapping etc ! i think i saw a programme sometime ago re someone else doing this, maybe thats what prompted me !

anyway just a little chit chat hun, not much help though but will keep my ears and eyes peeled for you !!

good luck

kx

A few years back I worked at Debenhams in the customer service dept. One of my jobs was encouraging people to open a store card :irked: but another was gift wrapping :D .

Customers get free gift wrapping & delivery if items are purchased with their gold card. They would bring these to CS & we inturn would wrap & parcel up for delivery. It was absolutely fab. I got to choose the paper, bows & ribbon, unless they asked if there was a choice, which some did.

I got to see the extravagance that some shoppers go to. Others would send stuff off to their children at uni & asked to include a note which was really sweet.
I spent most of my wages before I'd earned it as I'd get to see things I liked but would not have shopped for had I not wrapped them for someone else.

Not all plain sailing though. One big spending customer claimed not to have recieved a red chenille jumper which I know I'd sent in the same parcel along with a leather handbag, which she did get. Another lady had me wrap a fake 5' topiary tree, only to send it to herself to unwrap then ring & complain that she thought the wrapping was inferior.
I'm **** hot at wrapping the cheeky mare. You should see me when the children want to wrap gifts themselves. It's enough for me that I tear the celotape & restrain myself to the other side of the room so as not to interfere :lol:

princessmowgli said:
I'm **** hot at wrapping the cheeky mare. You should see me when the children want to wrap gifts themselves. It's enough for me that I tear the celotape & restrain myself to the other side of the room so as not to interfere :lol:

LOL :lol:

Latest posts

Back