Personal Wax kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciyash

Reaction score
Iv read through quite a lot on this forum and most people have been recommending C+E / Hive products.

Iv been going to a salon for the past year but now due to work commitments (commuting) its hard for me to get an appointment, by the time i do i look like an idiot and hate tweezing.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for any home waxing (facial) kits? And where to purchase them from?

Most of the websites iv been through such as beautyexpress, you have to be a trade/professional but i'm neither for products such as C+E.
I'm fine with doing waxing by myself, and cost isn't a problem just having something by me will be good and handy.

i would like something like Perron Rigot but even that seems like impossible.

Many thanks in advance. :smack:

DON'T try waxing yourself unless you've been trained.
Waxers might make the process look easy (they've been doing it for years!) but believe me - you'll get bruised, burned, infected or worse.
Even if it's difficult to get an appointment, try and find an alternative. What about getting a mobile therapist to come to you ? Set up a regular monthly appointment and you'll get to trust her like a friend.

Even us qualified waxers let another qualified waxer do ours,
you don't get the right angles when doing your own and this causes problems down the line hth

I wouldn't even attempt it.

I've had to finish off the job for people that have brought 'home kits' - avoiding the bruising and burn marks of course!

I don't attempt waxing on myself, I'd never manage withoug causing myself some damage.

It might look easy when you see someone wax you but theres a lot of skill and thought that goes into it. It looks like they're just smoothing down and whipping off a strip when infact care has to be taken with:
The direction the wax has been applied
How thin/thick the wax has been applied
How to smooth the strip
Now to support and stretch the skin
How to remove the strip

I believe that if you are not prepared to pay for a professional job then you shouldnt be looking to get the benefit from professional products. Of course the trade suppliers should only be supplying to the trade.

If you want to be doing a home job then the only products available to you will be those which you can buy for use at home - as in Boots, Superdrug etc.

In this day and age, people are so flexible with appointment times that I think it should not be the case that no one can fit you it. It is about being organised and booking ahead for your appointments. If you are only phoning saying I need my treatment done today or tomorrow (I get this alot) then it is not surprising that a good therapist cannot fit you in.

As has been said already, get a rapport going with your therapist and give them the respect they deserve in terms of planning ahead.

First of all many thanks for quick replies,

My eyebrows have been shaped already from salon its just when they grow back, at the moment my job is more important than making sure i get an appointment with the salon/or mobile i tend to finish late so both are usually out of the question.

All of you seem to agree that i should stay away from waxing lol, some of the products iv seen on boots and co, don't really look like they will do the job right or just plain cheap so i'm really trying to stay away from them.

I guess ill just have to stick with looking like a fool till I'm more settled. And have time for a salon maybe in a year :cry:.

Again thanks

You would be surprised but some therapists do work very late on an evening, and sundays and mondays, so you would be able to get an appointment if you really wanted one hth

For something as quick as eyebrows I would be prepared to fit someone in at about 8.30pm or Sundays or something. I work full time in the week so I am usually quite happy to fit people in at funny times.

The temperature of the wax and thr techneque is quite tricky to get right on the facial areas so I really wouldn't attempt it myself. Tweezing would be okay, I tweeze my brows all the time as I have no-one else to wax them for me.

Latest posts

Back