Perverts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tars

Reaction score
Evening All !

Well I have now had my first two "pervert" calls! Two in as many days, can you believe it!?
I knew I had to expect them really when your advertising your phone number everywhere, but have they really got nothing better to do?
As soon as I heard a male voice at the end of the line my heart kinda sank but you have to be professional incase they are perspective clients, but I wasted no time putting the phone down though on the second caller as he asked me to reconsider spray tanning him naked! God it makes me feel sick!
Have you had any calls and how do you handle them?

I had a call from a guy this week although I do think his was a genuine request for a bsc wax. I politely told him that I did not do intimate male eaxing but gave him a few suggestions for local salons. He said he had tried a few but none could help him. I told him however to make sure that the therapist had been on a specialst "all off" course which would give them the appropriate level of insurance cover.

I think you just have to respond as professionally as you can as you never know whether the call is genuine or not and who they may refer to you for other services.

Tars said:
Evening All !

Well I have now had my first two "pervert" calls! Two in as many days, can you believe it!?
I knew I had to expect them really when your advertising your phone number everywhere, but have they really got nothing better to do?
As soon as I heard a male voice at the end of the line my heart kinda sank but you have to be professional incase they are perspective clients, but I wasted no time putting the phone down though on the second caller as he asked me to reconsider spray tanning him naked! God it makes me feel sick!
Have you had any calls and how do you handle them?

He may have been serious I've had a few people both male and female who want to be sprayed naked. Do you have some paper thongs?

I had a text late one saturday night from a guy asking if i do late night appointments :-S

i had a really creepy guy once, as soon as i heard his voice i knew something was not right, i made my excuses (especially once he started changing from wanting acrylic nails to massages) and gave him the number of a male tech (not telling him he was male) he phoned me back 10 mins later and said SHE could not fit him in. i then told him the tech was male and he said, in his creepy voice, "i wouldn't hurt you".

OMG!!! Trust your instincts at all costs. This is why God gave women gut feelings... because the devil makes perverts. if in doubt just put the phone down. its not worth £20/30 quid to risk it.

i used to advertise in our local paper. unfortunately the beauty section is next to the personals, answered the phone to a very normal sounding man..who asked if i did massage. i said to him in a very condescending tone" what would make you think i did massages, when my ad clearly says i am a nail technician?" he hung up on me.

IMO you should always go with your instincts..if you offend someone, then thats too bad, in this world i dont think you can be too careful..especially if you work alone.

If he rings again,say yes and instead of our own address,give him the local poilce stations address,he won't do it again !!!!!!

1999judy said:
He may have been serious I've had a few people both male and female who want to be sprayed naked. Do you have some paper thongs?

He was not serious, I could tell by his creepy little voice he was a weirdo from the start. It's the way they say things and want the reaction from you to get off on it. I have no problem with nudity and I'm not a prude in any way, far from it and have already had a naked spray request. It's just horrible to get someone on your home phone purving at you when you trying to feed your 8 month old son his dinner!

Buggy said:
i had a really creepy guy once, as soon as i heard his voice i knew something was not right, i made my excuses (especially once he started changing from wanting acrylic nails to massages) and gave him the number of a male tech (not telling him he was male) he phoned me back 10 mins later and said SHE could not fit him in. i then told him the tech was male and he said, in his creepy voice, "i wouldn't hurt you".

OMG!!! Trust your instincts at all costs. This is why God gave women gut feelings... because the devil makes perverts. if in doubt just put the phone down. its not worth £20/30 quid to risk it.

Oh my god, that is really scary.:eek: You must have been s******* yourself hun.

I accidently left my work mobile on one night and some bloke rang it at half 2 in the morning saying things he wanted to do to me. I just said whatever put the phone down and went back to sleep. Its the only one Ive had so far though

Not only have I had calls its now text messages asking if I do extras!
I wish I'd never put that Ad in the paper now!

I was in my salon on my own ( when i had one) and some creepoid rang asking about laser for his wife and how she was distressed by hair on her face...thought 'oh well perhaps I was wrong & he is helping his wife' I told him of places he should try...he then said was there anything I could do in the salon for her...of course I mentioned the waxing and how its temp etc...then proceeded to ask if you could wax anywhere on the body...I thought here we go!! I mentioned everwhere BUT bikini area but of course he did & I said yes then he said its because she has a particularly hairy bush...
PHONE DOWN....
but he was there on the line everytime I picked the phone up...
I think I know who it was but then again you cant point the finger,
But on my own I was terrified....think I shut the shop up for a while & came home till my next client was in!

Tars said:
Not only have I had calls its now text messages asking if I do extras!
I wish I'd never put that Ad in the paper now!

I have had this when I have adverised in our local paper ( I wonder if its the same one! ) I got my hubby to ring him after being bombarded with texts and he texted back after saying sorry I didn't realise you were a man!!! Lol

tentips said:
I have had this when I have adverised in our local paper ( I wonder if its the same one! ) I got my hubby to ring him after being bombarded with texts and he texted back after saying sorry I didn't realise you were a man!!! Lol

Its funny because I've done lots of leaflet drops and notices have been put up in various places and not a peep of a weirdo! I put an Ad in the paper and it must read perverts welcome! lol:green:

Latest posts

Back