Quantcast

Petrol charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Got a 20min drive to a customer who s wanting lashlift and tint with a free eye brow shape and tint (thats my current offer)
To be exact its 13miles from my house
Im doing this 1st time client a favour as she cant get to me, and i dont work mobile. I ve no idea what to charge for the petrol and having to go out to her...i was thinking an extra £7 petrol in total...is that too steep?

CFBS

Reaction score
Does the client know that you will be adding a supplement for travelling to her?

Your petrol cost should be easy enough to work out from the mpg your car does. So you charge for petrol there and back + your travel time + a bit extra for wear on the car

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Ask yourself, are you running a profit making business or just doing it as a fun hobby?
If it’s just a hobby then just add on a reasonable amount for your petrol costs and travelling time.

Is this a client that might become a regular?
Usually when working mobile, you’d have a maximum radius of say, 4 miles depending on whether you live in a town or more rurally. I think 13 miles is too far for it ever to become a profitable booking unless you can visit several other clients in roughly the same area.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Remember it's actually 26 miles, it's 13 there and 13 back.

As @CFBS says, you should know roughly what your car does to the mile and be able to work it out. I think the general calculation for business miles is 35p a mile (if you worked in an office and used your own car to get to a different site).

salonfrog

Accountant for salon owners
Reaction score
You have 2 costs here as noted above.
The first is the cost of fuel and the wear and tear to your car. But the biggest cost is the time-where you could have been generating income. In other words, this client is filling not just 1 slot but maybe 3 so your generating 1x income instead of 3 x income.
So price with that in mind.

Latest posts