Photo of Mui

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just been over to beautytech and one of the techs there says she has received an e mail from muis sister that said she is o.k ! aparently mui was on holiday in bangcok when the disaster happened. hooray !!!

oh that's fantastic news - hopefully Mui will come on line soon and let us know how she is.

Angel - I think you'll find that message originally came from 'Tara' a few days back who wasn't actually talking about Mui, although her post did kind of mention her in the same breath and confused us all! *LOL* As far as I'm aware there's still no sign of Mui, but if I'm wrong - (and I hope I am), then please 'put me straight'! :D

JackieMc said:
Angel - I think you'll find that message originally came from 'Tara' a few days back who wasn't actually talking about Mui, although her post did kind of mention her in the same breath and confused us all! *LOL* As far as I'm aware there's still no sign of Mui, but if I'm wrong - (and I hope I am), then please 'put me straight'! :D

it was posted yesterday night about 10.30 by michele in m.a so hopefully it is about mui, i dont think i got the wrong end of the stick.

I hope you right Angel...Fingers crossed !!
angel fingers said:
it was posted yesterday night about 10.30 by michele in m.a so hopefully it is about mui, i dont think i got the wrong end of the stick.

I know Michelle and I've emailed her asking for more information about this email. I find it very odd that Mui's sister would email her and no one else. I just want to confirm that this is true information. If her sister knew to email Michelle, Mui would know we are all in a panic to find her and Mui would have emailed us all. This just sounds suspicious. I will keep you posted.

I really really hope Mui and her family are ok, i can't stop thinking about all those people that have been affected by this. Its still hard to believe that this has happened

Amanda

Just wanted to let you all know that I confirmed with Michelle that it was NOT Mui's sister that emailed her. She was referring to Tara emailing her about Tara's sister, who was honeymooning in Thailand when the disaster hit.

So....sorry to say, we are still at where we started from.

I have made contact with an American hotel owner on Patong Beach. I asked him to go to Mui's salon and ask the other business owners if they know anything. Mui's such a friendly gal, I am sure she was known by her business neighbors.

I'll keep ya posted!

oh no - that's so disappointing:cry: Hopefully we will get some good news soon.

oh no

i hope we get some news soon about mui and her family

Hi, l did'nt know Mui but l really hope she is safe and well! and we find some news soon x

Fingers crossed Mui is safe and well and b back on line soon

Ok, I've just heard again from the guy who has a friend (Sari) in Patong. She went back to soi Paradise and has been asking the local business owners about Mui.

They have told her that Mui's Beauty salon has been closed for some months now, which would tie in with none of us hearing from her since September, but they were unable to tell her where she moved to. The Soi Paradise area was definately unaffected by the Tsunami. Sari is going to continue asking for us, and if she gets anymore information on Mui, she will let me know.

In the meantime, my Registered letter is still winging it's way to Thailand so maybe it will be forwarded onto Mui. From what Sari says, I imagine Mui and her son weren't affected by the Tsunami, which is good news. :D

Jackie,

Thanks for the up-date!

Sure hope that Mui and her family are safe.

Another update on Mui. I sent out several emails to distribitors in Thailand asking if they had any business contacts with Mui recently and I received this email this morning.

**************​

Dear Mr. Sean,

I do happen do know her as she buys from us sometimes ( but she usually does her own imports through the net). Whenever I am Phuket we go out or meet and chat a little because we serve the same business to help nailbusiness grow..

Right after the Tsunami I tried to contact her on her phone and e mailed her but no reply so far.

But now the good news: I succeeded in getting in touch with her shop , Mui has sold her business, married with a Thai husband and is OK. I have no idea where she is but she usually visits the site www.thenailgeek.com maybe you have some luck there I will try too.

Thank you for your concern, I will keep you posted.

Yours Sincerely,

David de Rijke
Dasy Design Ltd.
EZ-Flow Nail Systems
Clean + Easy Wax and Paraffin Products
IBD Gel Systems

*************​

Hopefully this means that Mui wasnt in the area when the disaster struck. If I hear any other news I'll post it here.​

Hi there,

:p Thanks! :p
Yourself and Jackie have been working really hard to find out about Mui for us and I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to both of ye. :hug:

I know there is alot more people out there to including myself trying to contact Mui and a
THANK YOU to ye all too. :hug:

Brilliant that sounds a little re-assuring thanks for keeping everyone up to date Seanny x

Fingers crossed they are ok then! thanks for the update I keep clicking on this post hoping to see a response from mui herself - hopefully she'll be able to log on in the near future..... x

Aspirations said:
Fingers crossed they are ok then! thanks for the update I keep clicking on this post hoping to see a response from mui herself - hopefully she'll be able to log on in the near future..... x

me too!
and i keep thinking how surprised and touched she'll be when she reads this thread!

So pleased to hear that it sounds like she's ok :o)

Hiya,

Fingers crossed she is ok, i really hope so!!! But this does sound promising!!!

Amanda

Latest posts

Back