Photos from previous work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss

Reaction score
Could anyone help .
I have a beautician who is completely self employed. Has her own room , insurance etc . She has her own Facebook page too . She previously worked at another salon for 1 month as a self employed beautician. In that time she took pics of her work . She is still using the pics on her page but the previous owner of the other salon has said she will take things further if she doesn’t delete the pics . Does this actually stand ? She had a picture that her previous boss was in and has removed that . She got permission from any clients who’s pictures she posted . Please share your views

If she has always been self employed then the photos of her work belong to her surely.
Had she been employed at the previous salon then the photos belong to that salon but this is not the case here.

would it be cheeky of me to suggest blocking the previous salon owner and others that worked there? :p

These specific photographs belong to the therapist.

Photograph copyright belongs to the person who takes the photograph unless said rights have been signed away, i.e, a therapist was 'paid during employment' to take the photos. If the therapist took the photos on her own phone/camera by her own volition then they rightly belong to her and not an employer, however if a therapist is asked by an employer to take photographs of their work and they are taking during paid working hours then they belong to the employer.

This does not apply in this case however as she was self employed at the previous salon but I mention this for others who may stroll by for an answer.

Latest posts

Back