Pick yourself up and try again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

Reaction score
I've been a fitness instructor, nail technician (not for long) then went to college to do make up and got a fab job on the Lancôme counter.
I then left to work full time(now i regret this as if was still there would have been 8 years!!)working with children In care (very emotional job) it wasn't for me so I was lucky enough to get another job on the counter working for Estée Lauder.
During this time I was going through some real hard times emotionally, financially ect wasn't the best employee and left to go to university (again not a very good choice, though if I hadn't wouldn't have met my now fiancé, and have my adorable 18mth old). I think things happen for a reason! :Love: though recently a post came up, again on a make up counter and now I'm settled and sooo happy thought great, this is for me whilst I study nails part time.
Went for the interview, after 4weeks got told didn't get the job. I think there's underlying issues from the manager as my past attendance was not good.

What im trying to say is isn't a shame that you don't know a good thing when you got it, and now I'm 30 I realise how important it is to put your all into something you love... Don't give up when the going gets rough!!!
Anyone been through similar work experiences???

Last edited by a moderator:
Like you said everything happens for a reason! Could you offer a make up service? Bridal etc? Don't give up and try again :) there must be something better out there for you! Xx

That is exactly my plan, bridal service. Am re training in nails in may and doing a waxing and pedicure courses, problem being money so it's all very slow. I do work part time but live by my means ect. Thankyou for your reply, are you a beautician? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?:hug:xx

It's never too late to learn from past experiences, refocus and start again; don't worry too much about the past now and focus on what you can do in the present to bring yourself a better future. I've only been working in a salon for a few months and I'm 30! I love what I do and feel settled now; I have goals I still want to achieve and it has taken this long to find my feet. So go for it, don't give up and give it your all now x

Yes, i do nails and tanning... I did hair and beauty at college nvq 1 & 2 and decided not to follow it thru, I've worked on reception at a salon where I've learnt tanning and it gave me the push to go & learn nails so i went on a bio sculpture course, i have been mobile for 18 months (whilst working) i am starting to run a profit, so it is time for me to do a waxing course but with the kit i need a good lump sum! I have a waxing certificate but i just don't feel confident doing the service. Tinting/ lashes etc i feel confident doing as i always did my own and my friends.

Ideally i want to get a room to rent but not til i have all the treatments And kit i want to offer. Id also like (one day) to refresh my make up skills, there is so much you can do!

Xxx

Latest posts

Back