Picking up bugs/colds from clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lala85

Reaction score
Hi..
Just wondering if anyone else finds they pick up colds/coughs/bugs more easily with nail clients..
I'm mobile so obviously I go around to a lot of houses most with children and I already have an existing lung condition so even a common cold puts me in the hospital for 2 weeks.

I make the clients wash their hands, then I use a hand sanitising spray, but I still find I've picked up bad bags! I ended up with confirmed swine flu in January and then influenza B in March and both times ended up in hospital for over 2 weeks each!
I've also just got out of hospital last week after 12 days from a common cold that went straight to my lungs and I'm back to work tomorrow but I'm so paranoid about germs...!

Does anyone else pick these things up or have any further tips for avoiding it!
Thanks

I pick up colds very easily too, which often leads to a 6 week chesty cough!! I work mainly in massage, but I've seen an influx of ill clients recently who believe that massage will cure them ....kind of annoying o_O

I've started to take berocca daily, I try and get plenty of sleep, I make sure that I eat well throughout the day and drink plenty of water - having a low immune system will make you more likely to pick something up. Balanced diet and multi-vitamins should help. If you're working hard and are run down then this will have an impact. We have to take care of ourselves which can be tricky during festive season.

I use Dettol disinfectant spray on my work surfaces, door handles etc etc. It's really good!

I also recently wrote a Facebook post asking people to cancel their appointments if they were ill. This may seem extreme but actually the few people who have come down with a bug have rearranged for another time, so it's not like I'm actually losing clients. I'd rather risk the loss of a few appointments, than have to cancel 4 weeks worth of work due to a cough!

Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 10086759.jpg
    10086759.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 17
Have sanitising gel everywhere - your bags, your car etc. so it's always to hand and use it all the time. Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose with your hands.

I find ecchinacea really helps to ward off colds and taking a good multivitamin everyday.

Garlic, onions, leeks and chilli are good antivirals.

I'm asthmatic and it's worse when I have a cold so I feel for you, so important that you try to avoid germs.

As well as the above, I keep Vicks First Defence nasal spray and Chloraseptic antiseptic throat spray in the kitchen and if someone comes in loaded with bugs, I make an excuse and just pop and use them both before sitting back down at my nail desk.

Ive been doing this for years and given the number of bugs that I know I'm in contact with, I swear by it xx

Latest posts

Back