Pics of home salon in conservatory

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmabeautique

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone would share any photos .... Toying with the idea xx

I'm currently having mine built 😊 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399742654.607643.jpg

I have one already ..... Work from home in garage conversion but running out of room so thinking of moving in to conservatory xx

I built a wee summerhouse. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1399752498675.jpg
    1399752498675.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 855
A conservatory is great UNLESS you are working with UV curable Gels or hybrid polishes etc. Then a conservatory totally out the question as the product will cure the second your pot is open ;)

A conservatory is great UNLESS you are working with UV curable Gels or hybrid polishes etc. Then a conservatory totally out the question as the product will cure the second your pot is open ;)

Not if you have blinds it won't! It's direct sunlight what cures them not daylight

You can get special roof materials for conservatories now that make it just like a normal room. Depends on how old the OP's conservatory is as to whether this is viable though. Also blinds and suitable storage will help, it's completely doable with some careful planning

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399757506.590029.jpg
I work from my conservatory and have had roof blinds and window/door blinds fitted. It can get a bit warm on hot summer days but is usually ok with the doors open.

Not if you have blinds it won't! It's direct sunlight what cures them not daylight

Daylight is daylight. It's still the sun giving out UV rays & will cure the gels on the most wettest & cloudest of days ...

I am 100% sure 'geeg' will back me up on this !

Daylight is daylight. It's still the sun giving out UV rays & will cure the gels on the most wettest & cloudest of days ...

I am 100% sure 'geeg' will back me up on this !

Are you unaware what blinds do?

View attachment 64733
I work from my conservatory and have had roof blinds and window/door blinds fitted. It can get a bit warm on hot summer days but is usually ok with the doors open.

Hey, I don't use our conservatory for nails but it does get super hot in summer and very cold in winter. We have just had roof insulation done which helps with temperature control and of course blocks out the glass.
Just thought I'd let you know :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399763564.875660.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399763576.531672.jpg

Hey, I don't use our conservatory for nails but it does get super hot in summer and very cold in winter. We have just had roof insulation done which helps with temperature control and of course blocks out the glass.
Just thought I'd let you know :) View attachment 64744View attachment 64745

Thanks for the info. Do you mind me asking how much you paid to have the roof insulation done?

It wasn't just over £1,000 but I think it depends on size and style of it.
I was worried as it's a lot of money but we've lived in our house for years and hardly ever use it because of the heat/cold and now we've got a carpet down too so I'm really pleased with it and now going to be able to use all the time so feel it's worth it :)

They put up some wooden beams over beams you have there then they pack it all with insulation the stuffs with the silver lining and then they put the white cladding over to keep it all in.
The company does Allsorts, http://www.insulatedconservatories.com

They put up some wooden beams over beams you have there then they pack it all with insulation the stuffs with the silver lining and then they put the white cladding over to keep it all in.
The company does Allsorts, http://www.insulatedconservatories.com

We had this done with our conservatory too. It's now my wee girl's play room and is cosy in the winter and cool in the summer. Wasn't expensive either as my other half and his dad did it :) Would definitely recommend x

This is my conservatory where I do nails, works well for me, though I'm just starting out.

Sent from my MZ604 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1399844407215.jpg
    1399844407215.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 354
  • 1399844461110.jpg
    1399844461110.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 1399844486679.jpg
    1399844486679.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 1399844506947.jpg
    1399844506947.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 328
my home salon was in my conservatory for a few years and i had no problems with curing products as i worked with my back to window, worked on the shadier side of conservatory and kept lids on pots whilst working. i needed a few fans in summer and an electric heater in winter and all was fine x...there are pics in my profile

Thanks ladies xx

Latest posts

Back