Pink gel or polish over a French Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I was having a chat with a fellow therapist about Shellac, Gelish manicures etc. She confirmed that she no longer uses a pink over her French smile lines as she thought it was old fashioned! She does base, pink (for e.g. beau), French smiles and top coat.

I do base, pink (eg. beau), french smile lines, pink again (to soften the white) then top coat. All nice thin coats. I know there is Shellac studio white and that Gelish's Sheek white is not too stark. I still like my pinks as a final layer!

What are your views about having pink over the smile lines?

I hope I am not in the dark age!

Personally I think its just down to personal preference, I just ask clients if they would like bright white or toned down with pink, I personally only like the pink over if it has a bit of shimmer to it, or under if not, but each to their own :)

I have always done as you have. Base, pink, white, pink, top coat. That's how I was taught, not so long ago. I guess its personal preference.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Very true girls... and thank you. It's down to personal preference. Nearly all of my clients do say they want the pink over so.

My therapist friend funnily enough said that she hated the shimmer over the white. It just had me thinking, that's all.

I see what you mean by using a creme pink under rather than over; makes sense!:wink2:

i wouldn't dream of putting a pink layer over my white. i usually do base, negligee , white smile, top coat. i'm doing that 20 years so i always thought I was the one who was old fashioned. lol

Latest posts

Back