Pink glitter gel turned brownish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailomania

Reaction score
It all turned brownish yuck!
Sometimes I mix up a glitter gel, and store in a white pot and use from time to time and it’s all fine.
BUT

In august I did a pink glitter mix, I only use good brand glitters, and I opened the pot of pink glitter yesterday and my eyes just almost popped, the gel had turned brownish, really looking disgusting. I had to check the other glitter mixes and they are all fine.
What have happened? I used a new pot made for storage of gel mixes, and I do mix a lot of gel colors with pigments .. I really load pink so I usually stay away from playing with pink, but a client asked me to have a very pinkish glitter.. I just had a really good gel and a good brand glitter and nothing else in the pot.
Yucky I really don’t like pink and now I don’t like a bit better LOL.

I did tell a friend and she tell me the same happened to her but with purple glitter, we don’t use the same brand!
Can anybody enlighten me what ever did go wrong??

just me then??:cry:

I havent had this myself but imagine it is the dye leaching out of the glitter unless you have solvent resistant glitter
Stacie x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi Annie, probably due to the Colour bleeding off the glitter into the gel

Probably right of both of you!
It was a strong pink!!
Thanx girlies

Latest posts

Back