pink & whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a lady coming to me next week she has been having pink and whites at another salon. Ive been practising my pink and whites and now feel able to tackle this just one question. She says they are very thick and getting thicker everytime they are rebalanced. When you rebalance p&w do you need to file the product down more than you would if you were using one colour? or do i feel the white area more than the rest?

Hi Donna
If this lady has been having her nails done at another salon perhaps u should suggest to her to have a soak off and a new set put on, that way u can c the condition of her natural nails. Also the other salon may have applied the p/w too thick in the first place, then they have not buffed down enough at the rebalance which is why they are getting thicker and thicker. The thicker the acrylic the more buffing you have to do on the r/b
Good luck HTH

well i did think about that , but she says she doesnt want to have them removed so not sure what to do really. she says they have gone orangey and she always uses polish so cannot see why she wants to keep them on. To save abit of money i guess???!! Might suggest just infilling them with one colour to grow the white out sems pointless having them if they are orangey and always covered with polish

When performing her rebalance - take off half the product ALL OVER the enhancement! If they are still too thick, carry on until there is only a thinh layer of product covering her nail plate (be careful in zone 3)! Then apply your smile and zones 2 & 3 as normal! She should walk out lokking like she had a new full set, even though she didn't! Look at the Tutorial 'Get a Grip' - this shows yo how to hold the file for maximum pressure WITHOUT causing heat or natural nail trauma! HTH's and answers your Q's! :)

i know this may seem daft, but i allways use a brand new file when doing a rebalance it really does make it quicker

Latest posts

Back