Plantar Fasciitis anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Had this for weeks and weeks, so bad last week I was limping round literally, so went to the dr.

Now on 10 day anti inflammatories and enjoying relatively pain free days but what happens when I come off them?

Anyone had/got this? How have you copes and did it go away? X

A colleague had this for a long time trying everything. In the end she had acupuncture which worked brilliantly !

Had this for weeks and weeks, so bad last week I was limping round literally, so went to the dr.

Now on 10 day anti inflammatories and enjoying relatively pain free days but what happens when I come off them?

Oh Blossom, I've had exactly the same for almost 8 weeks now.

The doctor gave me anti-inflammatory ointment, but it's not even touched the pain.

Went back to a different doctor in the surgery yesterday, and she has given me a course of exercises to try alongside the ointment.

If all else fails, she told me I can have a steroid injection, but I obviously want to avoid that if at all possible, as I've heard it hurts like nobody's business.

PM me if you want though.

You can also try raised insoles in your shoes got to admit I always keep a stock of pain killers when mine flares up [emoji15][emoji15]

Forgot to say, doctor said wearing flat shoes doesn't help, as it's unnatural for the feet which are arched.

I wear flats all the time, so it looks like shoe shopping is next on the agenda!

Raised insoles sounds like a good idea though cazjp69.

My dad has this, when he first got it he met 3 other people that had had it for various lengths of time, the longest being 8 months.
He's has now had it 4/5 years! He bought special shoes, had the chronically painful injection all gave no relief!!
He limps very badly and the only way he walks normally is when he goes abroad (he lives in phillipenes for 7months a year) and the dr has said it is the humidity that relives the pain.
Good excuse to move abroad to warmer climates though![emoji57]

Forgot to say, doctor said wearing flat shoes doesn't help, as it's unnatural for the feet which are arched.

I wear flats all the time, so it looks like shoe shopping is next on the agenda!

Raised insoles sounds like a good idea though cazjp69.

I've had to get my dr to refer me to podiatry so I can have some special insoles made that are raised in the right places [emoji106][emoji106]

So feel for you , I had this for months and then it just disappeared over night , would definitely change the shoes you are wearing though as that did help x

So feel for you , I had this for months and then it just disappeared over night , would definitely change the shoes you are wearing though as that did help x
That gives me hope! How wonderful to find one day it had just gone!
For the last year or so I have worn really flat shoes, like, REALLY flat
Obv done myself no favours there
The doctor recommended fit flops as they are so cushioned. My feet are too skinny/flat for them though but I've dug out some clarks ones which are similar with lots of bouncy sole beneath and not completely flat, they are way way more comfy or it might just be the anti inflammatories. Trainers are very supportive too I'm finding

I read something about ice packs, did anyone find this helped?

That gives me hope! How wonderful to find one day it had just gone!
For the last year or so I have worn really flat shoes, like, REALLY flat
Obv done myself no favours there
The doctor recommended fit flops as they are so cushioned. My feet are too skinny/flat for them though but I've dug out some clarks ones which are similar with lots of bouncy sole beneath and not completely flat, they are way way more comfy or it might just be the anti inflammatories. Trainers are very supportive too I'm finding

I read something about ice packs, did anyone find this helped?

Haven't tried ice packs yet, but one of the exercises I'm doing is really helping.

It sounds really daft, but sit on a chair, and roll the arches of your feet (bare feet if you can stand it, or with socks on) backwards and forwards over a rolling pin. I won't lie, it's painful, but it's definitely helped me after just two days.

I made the switch from ballerina pumps to trainers, but I've notice noticed any difference, so am going to persevere with the exercises and also buy some wedged flipflops.

Instead of a rolling pin, try a can which is cold The cold will help relieve the pain a little.

My mum had this and acupuncture helped her loads.
Also, never wearing flat shoes. Always with support in the shoe and with a slight heel.

FYI - I've had a steroid injection in my shoulder and it doesn't hurt as much as some people say :)

Instead of a rolling pin, try a can which is cold The cold will help relieve the pain a little.
I wonder if a bottle of sweet chilli sauce will do as I don't have a can lol

Edit to add: squirty cream canister works great!

Last edited:
I've suffered with this for on and off a good 5 years, so painful in both feet I couldn't walk!

However, I've tried a few things this year (joined a Facebook group) and I'm now pain free and have been for 2-3 months :D!!

Trust me I've tried everything!! So for a start I went to the doctors and they were useless..

But now successfully after being to the podiatrist to get my feet strapped for 4 months last year, the doctor then prescribed opremizole & naproxen, then I discovered vionic shoes Wow they are absolutely amazing!! I'm litterly pain free now, and I only wear vionic shoes. I have 6 pairs now. They have built in orthotic insoles so have good supportitve insoles and they look pretty good too!! Worth every single penny. They've changed my life, I can now go out pain free & go for walks etc pain free. I can't recomend them enough:)

Also - try avoid the steroid injection, as it can sometimes make it worse. Someone on the group had it and they were pain free for 48 hours and it came back 10x worse

I've suffered with this for on and off a good 5 years, so painful in both feet I couldn't walk!

However, I've tried a few things this year (joined a Facebook group) and I'm now pain free and have been for 2-3 months :D!!

Trust me I've tried everything!! So for a start I went to the doctors and they were useless..

But now successfully after being to the podiatrist to get my feet strapped for 4 months last year, the doctor then prescribed opremizole & naproxen, then I discovered vionic shoes Wow they are absolutely amazing!! I'm litterly pain free now, and I only wear vionic shoes. I have 6 pairs now. They have built in orthotic insoles so have good supportitve insoles and they look pretty good too!! Worth every single penny. They've changed my life, I can now go out pain free & go for walks etc pain free. I can't recomend them enough:)

Just had a quick look, but I think I'd need a small mortgage to buy a few pairs LOL.

Also - try avoid the steroid injection, as it can sometimes make it worse. Someone on the group had it and they were pain free for 48 hours and it came back 10x worse

Thanks for the tip off.

Just had a quick look, but I think I'd need a small mortgage to buy a few pairs LOL.

Thanks for the tip off.

I got most of mine in the sale, tbh I think it's worth it to be pain free. I've got rid of all my other shoes and I've stuck to the vionics.

Thank you for that :)

So the opremizole and naproxen didn't help? Nor the foot strapping? Or did they contribute a little?

I'm almost besides myself with relief at the thought of there being shoes which will help! Have you only been pain free since you had the vionics?

I'm confused as to how the soles are right for everyone? Is it because they mould to your feet or something or are they shaped when you buy them? I had a look at the site, I have some lined up already lol

Ouch! I know how painful this can be. My yoga teacher told me of the following exercise. Stand with your feet on the first step, with the balls of your feet supporting your weight and the heels over the edge. Slowly dip your heels downwards. Do this regularly and only as far as its comfortable. You will be able to go further and further in time. This should help.

Thank you for that :)

So the opremizole and naproxen didn't help? Nor the foot strapping? Or did they contribute a little?

I'm almost besides myself with relief at the thought of there being shoes which will help! Have you only been pain free since you had the vionics?

I'm confused as to how the soles are right for everyone? Is it because they mould to your feet or something or are they shaped when you buy them? I had a look at the site, I have some lined up already lol

The opremizole & naproxen has helped but it's not a long term thing. I took that & had my foot strapped after I stopped both I was pain free for a day or two then it came back, not as bad as before but it was still painful.

Yes, since my vionics & breaking them in I have been pain free. It has been amazing!

I can't say why they fit everyone, but myself, my mum, my auntie and the rest of the ladies I know all have different sized feet and they all fit is perfect and now pain free. I think it's down to the fact they're orthotics & they have the FMT Technology. If you go onto the vionic website there is a video that shows you how they work:)

Latest posts

Back